New Discovery Show "Sons of Guns"

While I don't know how in the hell four MG42's is somehow a decent substitute for a .50 BMG anti-aircraft rig, that NRA commentary is spot on.

It's not that it is a good sub, since 4 M2s > 4 MG42s. As he told the guy buying it, it was a $$$$$ thing with the ginormous cost of the .50 ammo, and the savings of going with the mg42.

It's not that it is a good sub, since 4 M2s > 4 MG42s. As he told the guy buying it, it was a $$$$$ thing with the ginormous cost of the .50 ammo, and the savings of going with the mg42.
I didn't miss that part. It just seems to me what the guy got was quite attenuated from what he asked for.

Hell, they could have done 1919's and at least kept in American.

I didn't miss that part. It just seems to me what the guy got was quite attenuated from what he asked for.

Hell, they could have done 1919's and at least kept in American.

One part of the problem is that the guy was looking for something without researching or understanding exactly what he was getting into. It seems like a "I saw this and want one" situation.

"I am going out of town for a month and need to shoot this before I go." The forced deadline bit is getting really really old.

Uhhh what? This guy pulls up in a Skyline GT-R and says he wants this AR his friend "gave him" converted to lefty? Am I to believe this guy who drives a $90,000+ car wouldn't just go BUY A LEFT HANDED AR?! [rolleyes]

Uhhh what? This guy pulls up in a Skyline GT-R and says he wants this AR his friend "gave him" converted to lefty? Am I to believe this guy who drives a $90,000+ car wouldn't just go BUY A LEFT HANDED AR?! [rolleyes]

+1

As soon as he said it was an AR. I thought to myself "what"? Ever heard of Stag arms? What a corny show.

Does Will even work on guns? Or does he just tell his employees what to do?
Also being a machinist, their craftmanship is so crude & pathetic I would'nt let them fix my lawnmower.

I caught the part of the guy who wanted to have his AR switched to a left handed set up.
When Charlie said that a left handed shooter would be hit in the face by brass from a standard right hand eject AR I almost fell out of my chair. I'm a left handed rifle shooter and I have yet to be hit by flying brass from my RIGHT handed AR. Now my question is how do you get the bolt,that's set up to eject to the right, to eject cases to the left? I'm guessing rotate the bolt 180 degrees but I also guessing that won't work.

I caught the part of the guy who wanted to have his AR switched to a left handed set up.
When Charlie said that a left handed shooter would be hit in the face by brass from a standard right hand eject AR I almost fell out of my chair. I'm a left handed rifle shooter and I have yet to be hit by flying brass from my RIGHT handed AR. Now my question is how do you get the bolt,that's set up to eject to the right, to eject cases to the left? I'm guessing rotate the bolt 180 degrees but I also guessing that won't work.

Because a shell deflector makes too much sense...[rolleyes]

He stripped and replaced the upper, the bolt is made to only go in the carrier one way, could probably be machined to go in 180 degrees flipped (so the extractor is on the correct side) or they replaced the bolt with a left handed one.... If they have lefty uppers, they no doubt have bolts to match.... As for brass.... I've on known lefties in the military who used add-on deflectors....

From my HTC EVO via Tapatalk

All my ARs,even my 22 rimfire uppers have shell deflectors. I figured that the bolt would have to be replaced with one that ejects to the left but wasn't sure. I do like the show but the statement by Charlie and their inability to be able to find 6.5 Jap ammo a week or 2 ago makes me wonder about the real abilities of the hired help. I won't be buying anything from Red Jacket as their stuff is way out of my price department.

Seriously, I've never had an issue shooting a right handed gun the "wrong way".

Also the employee tells him to try to shoot righty, he fired, what 3 shots and said it wouldn't work? How about run a magazine through? At least TRY it. But no, this is clearly a situation contrived for television...I don't know how I ended up watching that show again since I can't stand it, haha.

Seriously, I've never had an issue shooting a right handed gun the "wrong way".

Also the employee tells him to try to shoot righty, he fired, what 3 shots and said it wouldn't work? How about run a magazine through? At least TRY it. But no, this is clearly a situation contrived for television...I don't know how I ended up watching that show again since I can't stand it, haha.
If the dude has money and wants a lefty AR, then WTF? Give him a lefty AR... contrived or not, just silly...

If I went into a gun store and asked for something like that and the response was "you are an idiot, you are broken not the gun," I wouldn't hang around.

"I am going out of town for a month and need to shoot this before I go." The forced deadline bit is getting really really old.

It's pretty good for comedic value at this point. The customer gives the go-ahead for a complicated, expensive build, then you think "wait for it... wait for it...".

"And one more thing, Will. I need it in three days."

Sons of Guns would actually make for a good drinking game.

If the dude has money and wants a lefty AR, then WTF? Give him a lefty AR... contrived or not, just silly...

If I went into a gun store and asked for something like that and the response was "you are an idiot, you are broken not the gun," I wouldn't hang around.

Yea, I don't mean to say the guy shouldn't be able to buy one if he wants a lefty.

The point I was making was that he drove up in a $90K+ car and said his friend "gave him" this gun and he only wanted it converted to lefty. Not, "Hey guys I want to buy a lefty AR", as I would tend to believe that more than a guy wealthy enough for a GT-R is taking a 2nd hand gun and getting it converted.

At any rate, I don't like the show so I will be sure to avoid it any time I see it on the TV guide.

It's pretty good for comedic value at this point. The customer gives the go-ahead for a complicated, expensive build, then you think "wait for it... wait for it...".

"And one more thing, Will. I need it in three days."

Sons of Guns would actually make for a good drinking game.

-Gun they're making is completely worthless - 1 shot

-Obviously fake military reference (eg, the military uses these in special ops on the river!) - 1 shot

-Artificial deadline for some bogus reason - 2 shots

-Any discussion of "opening up a new market for red jacket" - 2 shots"

hell yeh, if you have the money i'll build you an ambidextrous AR the spits empty shells out either way you want dipped in chocolate...

Instead of playing this game I'll keep doing what I've been doing right along.

1)Retrieve pint glass.
2) Fill 1/2 way with coke
3) open Pint of rum
3) fill glass to top.
4) put on "sons of guns"
5) drink said glass
6) Repeat until the snaggle looks straight[wink]

Back
Top Bottom