• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New England Shooter's Warehouse in Tewksbury Ma

NES'rs were "a bunch of deal chasers who sit on the computer all day in their mothers basement".

My basement is my sanctuary, and my mom approves this message.

Basement009.jpg

I'll shop else where, no problem at all.

I just stopped in this afternoon. Lot was fairly full and semi-busy inside. I just wanted to ask Ken about transfers. He says they will do transfers, at $30. He's still trying to get more stuff in and it ain't easy.

I was there early this morning and the place was empty. Grabbed two boxes of 9mm at 14.99 per box of blazer so not to bad all things considered. I was just happy to see 9mm in stock. Gun prices were high but seemed liked good people in there.

I can't quote what was said word for word but it was something to the effect of the clerk was telling the patrons an NES'r told him their prices were too high (Fastc92 perhaps?), anyway in defending their high prices the clerks and the patrons went on to conclude that NES'rs were "a bunch of deal chasers who sit on the computer all day in their mothers basement". They had such a good laugh I figured I would pass it on so we could all have a good hearty laugh as well [smile]

[popcorn]

Interesting.

They went up in price rather quickly. I was in last week and Ken, one of the owners, quoted me $30 for transfers.

Maybe because you're wicked old and he felt sorry for you. [wink] (senior citizen discount?) Seriously, I thought I heard $25 quoted a while back? I could be wrong. Sorry John, just bustin' 'em

Maybe because you're wicked old and he felt sorry for you. [wink] (senior citizen discount?) Seriously, I thought I heard $25 quoted a while back? I could be wrong. Sorry John, just bustin' 'em

Sad thing is that you're supposed to get older and wiser. I think they mean we get older and since we can't remember chit we look like we're ruminating but it's really just slow blank thinking not being wiser.

hey guys, ammo ammo 5.56 ans 2.23 they have many rounds, two one hundred count bags per person. sorry still no 9m.m. or 22 ammo yet. check next week. was there today glad i went.

Sad thing is that you're supposed to get older and wiser. I think they mean we get older and since we can't remember chit we look like we're ruminating but it's really just slow blank thinking not being wiser.

Very insightful. Don't let on to the youngsters. We'll lose any respect we thought we had. [smile]

Was just there. They have 9mm and 5.56. They said it wouldn't be there tomorrow.
WWB 115 gr. and UMC 124 gr. 9mm.
I didn't check out the 5.56
One box limit.
No .22 Lr.

I have been very happy with this new shop and the manager Russ Smith. He has helped me with several purchases (P239/P220/ammo/gear) and a couple of transfers ($30). I hope they are able to get more guns, ammo and gear so they can provide another solid shop in this area. I urge you to get to know the staff and see what they can do for you.

Yesterday I went to Riellys and Shooters Outpost. I had a list and 1500 dollars of tax return money.
I left the 2 big New Hampshire stores a little dismayed at just how bad the buying spree and supply lines have gotten. On a whim we hunted down this shop in Tewksbury.

Friendly staff , one of the staff knows some of the people, I know , and although they are suffering the same supply problems as everyone else they had the $450 accessory I wanted.

I spent more there than I did anywhere else , got a fair price , had a good experience and the owner gave me a free T shirt. They are on my list of places to check when I want to buy.

A business helped you buy stuff?

Yes, they got me the guns and accessories I wanted. All of the other shops in the area want nothing to do with you when you ask for anything specific or to locate a specific gun. I would rather buy from a company that tries to offer service that one that says show up at 9 and see what we have.

Try not to use so much lotion next time Bison...

Not sure what that means? I do not work for the shop or even know the owners. I just thought people on this forum might like an opinion.

New England Shooters Warehouse Opening 2-22-13

Agreed. I like this shop. A little pricey, but the service more than makes up for it. I like 'em and am already using them as my FFL for incoming receivers.

RELOADER'S for all you guys that reload, was in there today, they have a bunch of used reloading gear, two shotgun reloaders, many dies, two scales. 5 or 6 presses [ pistol and rifle ] won't hurt to give them a call about that stuff. bob beans

Re: New England Shooters Warehouse Opening 2-22-13

I echo Bison's comments. The service has been great at this shop - not true for other local shops. I plan to be a regular.

Back
Top Bottom