New folks check in and say HI #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, with all these wives on the board.. All the, "how to smuggle in a new gun" threads will start to slow down. [laugh] [smile]

Glad to see all the new folks...

Smuggle, ha. I just tell him go ahead and get what he wants. Besides then I get to shoot it too. Then we see if it becomes mine.[smile] [laugh]

New from MA

Hi all, I just joined. I'm from MA out in the suburbs NW of Boston. I've come across this web site before during searches, plus goal.org also linked to it. I officially began my interest in guns back in 2001 and am slowly gaining experience with them. I normally shoot in Manchester, but currently I'm looking for a range that'll let me shoot AR-15.

I normally shoot in Manchester, but currently I'm looking for a range that'll let me shoot AR-15.

Welcome. If you give us a better general location, I'm sure a bunch of us will have many recommendations of great ranges to join, and even offer to sponsor your membership!

Welcome. If you give us a better general location, I'm sure a bunch of us will have many recommendations of great ranges to join, and even offer to sponsor your membership!

My AO puts me within reasonable distance from the Woburn Sportsmans Association (which is oddly in Bedford), and the Mass Rifle Association (which actually is in Woburn). I hear there's one in Westford but I forget the name. I hear the MRA lets you shoot rifles indoors, so that could be a big plus. Not that I don't want to shoot rifle outdoors (I do), but then I have hours limitations not to mention temperature.

Hi all. I am new here and just checking in. I found this forum from a link at the Four Seasons website. I live in Attleboro, MA just across the RI line. I am 25 years old and have only been involved in shooting for a couple of years. I initially got my license for security work, but I own a few handguns now and shoot regularly for fun.

Welcome and we hope you enjoy it here.

There are a number of NES'rs from your area.

My AO puts me within reasonable distance from the Woburn Sportsmans Association (which is oddly in Bedford), and the Mass Rifle Association (which actually is in Woburn). I hear there's one in Westford but I forget the name. I hear the MRA lets you shoot rifles indoors, so that could be a big plus. Not that I don't want to shoot rifle outdoors (I do), but then I have hours limitations not to mention temperature.

It's the Westford Sportsman's Club Link Here. I am a member there, and it is the best range I have shot at. The people are great, the facilities are great, and the overly restrictive rules that seem to dominate other clubs in MA don't exist. It's a nice safe and fun place to shoot!

It's the Westford Sportsman's Club Link Here. I am a member there, and it is the best range I have shot at. The people are great, the facilities are great, and the overly restrictive rules that seem to dominate other clubs in MA don't exist. It's a nice safe and fun place to shoot!

That sounds great. Any rules that might surprise me, like limiting how many cartridges are in a magazine at once, or having to take a qualification test before using the outdoor range, etc?

That sounds great. Any rules that might surprise me, like limiting how many cartridges are in a magazine at once, or having to take a qualification test before using the outdoor range, etc?

Nope! That's the great part about the club. Stay safe, obey the basic safety rules AT ALL TIMES and have fun!

BTW, as a member, if you are a hunter you can hunt on the club property! They even have a pheasant program in place, and group hunts that get organized during the season. And of course don't forget the fully stocked trout pond!

Nope! That's the great part about the club. Stay safe, obey the basic safety rules AT ALL TIMES and have fun!

BTW, as a member, if you are a hunter you can hunt on the club property! They even have a pheasant program in place, and group hunts that get organized during the season. And of course don't forget the fully stocked trout pond!

Sounds good. I'd prefer a more rural surroundings for a club... seems odd to me to be shooting outdoors but otherwise closely surrounded by office parks and malls. When is a good time to stop by there for a tour? (I assume someone's in the office every so often?)

Good morning all. My names Corey and I live in Southbridge (but don't hold it against me). I'm 36 years old, married, 2 kids. I've been hunting since I was 14, and have only recently gotten into handgun shooting. Although my membership has run out, I've been a member of The Nenameseck Sportmans Club for about 3 years (gotta renew that damn membership).
Thanks for having me, hope I can contribute in some way.

Corey

Hello,

Just joined up. Was sent the link because of an ad I placed on CL. Cool sight. I've had a Class A for about 10 years now and primarily only target, but carry when hiking and mountain biking... Own Glock, S&W, Bushmaster, and Ruger currently...

Located in Melrose. Member of MRA in Woburn.

new here :)

Hi all,
New to the forum and the shooting sports, hailing from Billerica MA

:Doug G.

Hello all,
Just joined NES. I posted a shooting in Maine question in Glock Talk and a few members advised me of NES and here I am.

I live in Old Town Me, where I grew up. I just moved back from Denver Co. where I got into competition shooting. I've been through several training courses ranging from general 8 hr courses to police training. I've also done quite a bit of combat/practical type of trianing while I was in Co.

I have recently gotten back into reloading and am working on my perfect load. I'll probably be asking some questions on that subject for sure. My preference for practicle combat and carry weapon is my Glock 40. My play gun is without a doubt my Browning Hi Power 9mm.

I've been getting fustrated with the lack of shooting options around here. Options were so abundant in the Denver area that I just got used to doing quite a bit of shooting. I've recently started researching and playing with the C.A.R. style shooting and am hoping to attend one of the classes to gain more information on it. Time and money thing.

I hope to contribute what I can to NES and possibly find some like minded people in my area to shoot with. If anyone is in the Old Town Me area and are safe shooters, please give me a yell. It always more enjoyable to shoot with others to get other ideas and someone watching you can pick up on a what your doing right and wrong.

Hope that I didn't ramble and bore you to much. Just happy to find a web forum in this area with so much information.

Stay safe,
Justin

Welcome to the new folks. Hope you enjoy it here.

Yes there are some members from CT, and there are also some members from ME.

NES had a car-shoot in ME ~1 year ago, so events are held in MA, VT, NH, and ME. Hopefully someone will step forward to honcho some events in RI and CT too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom