New folks check in and say HI #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone.

Just signing up and have quite a few questions. Youll be seeing them! I was born in MA and just moved over the border in NH. I started shooting in boy scouts early on, then moved on to competition shooting and was pretty well ranked through college. I did jr olympic training, bay state games, etc etc in 3pos smallbore. Im just getting back into things now!

Hey everyone.

Just signing up and have quite a few questions. Youll be seeing them! I was born in MA and just moved over the border in NH. I started shooting in boy scouts early on, then moved on to competition shooting and was pretty well ranked through college. I did jr olympic training, bay state games, etc etc in 3pos smallbore. Im just getting back into things now!

Welcome!

Just wondering... is your screen name from the Oz books, or from the Ellison story ("Repent, Harlequin", said the Tick-Tock Man)? Or are you a watchmaker? [smile]

My screenname came partly from the Harlan Ellison Story (SHOCKED that someone knows that one!) and was set in concrete during a thru-hike of the long trail in VT where an AT thru hiker gave me the name due to a loud watch i had!

I am not a watchmaker, but am indeed a knifemaker! www.schottknives.com. I do full custom, sole authorship work from raw materials, forging, etc etc....

My screenname came partly from the Harlan Ellison Story (SHOCKED that someone knows that one!)
Heh. "Jelly for G-d's sake beans!"

What can I say? I've been reading science fiction for about 40 years... and I'm only 46.

Nice knives, BTW.

new(er) member saying hello

Greetings - I've been lurking a bit and am just now introducing myself. Born & raised in Mass., got my Class A LTC/all lawful purpose about 3 years ago. Member at Braintree Rifle & Pistol. I've been living in NC for a few months for work - they don't recognize my Mass. license, but they do recognize my non-resident NH concealed carry permit! Coming back to Mass. soon, and will be getting back into the SAS monthly practice sessions at BRP.

Welcome! We hope you enjoy it here and that you become an active participant.

We hope that there will be a lot more women joining us on NES after yesterday's NRA course that Lynne Dube ran for the SO's of NES members (at Mansfield F&G).

Lynne will also be repeating this for the SOs of Mansfield F&G at some time in the near future, so hopefully we'll be getting even more active women members here.

In case you are wondering, I invited Lynne Roberts and some of her BOD from SAS to join us here back when we started. I do think that Lynne R registered but I doubt she's ever been back here (not everyone likes forums). They are always welcome here!

My guess is that we've met before and if I'm correct, welcome back and I'd like to discuss your response to Jon Green's question in the Art of Concealed Carry class the next time we see each other in person.

Happy Easter!

Len, you are correct - we have met, both at a monthly SAS practice and at the Art of Concealed Carry class. I was disappointed that I was the ONLY FEMALE in that class out of what, 18 or so attendees? The information presented by the attorney was particularly helpful!

VK,

Attendees were almost all from NES, an evening class in Mansfield during the week is difficult to manage (you must have had a long trip IIRC), and the active women we have on here are mostly from areas quite distant from MF&G (Reinbeau being the only exception that immediately comes to mind). Also the comment you made that I'd like to discuss with you is (IMNSHO) a large factor in why women may not take that class.

I think that women are inherently uncomfortable with the concept of concealed carry and a lot has to do with genetics going back to the beginning of humanity . . . women are by nature "nurturers" while men are by nature "hunters/gatherers" whose job is the protect the family. [I'm not trying to be profound here [wink] , I've read this somewhere in the past.]

Classes like the NRA course Lynne ran for NES women yesterday, seems to be leading at least those women to think more about getting into the shooting sports. Will any of them CCW? That remains to be seen over time. However, if we nurture what we started, there is a good chance that more women will join NES, feel more comfortable around firearms and think more actively about self-protection. I have a suggestion in that direction which I'll post in that thread about the class.

Greetings.

I just stumbled upon this forum the other day. Couldn't tell you exactly what it was I was looking for specifically. I just started wanderin around and here I landed. Possibly something Ruger 10/22 related, but possibly not.

Anyway, I've been a resident of the Commiewealth since '83, and a life-long New Englander. I first got my LTC class A in 2002, living in Sturbridge at the time, and had a membership to the Hamilton Rod and Gun Club. I'm in Douglas now, and just last year renewed my Class A. I've been lazy about joining a local range since moving here in '05. I've been to the Boston Gun Range a bunch of times, and had a membership there before they moved from Grafton st to rte 20. Th elast time I went out to shoot was probably a year ago. Dang laziness. I've got a Mossberg 500 with a Surefire fore-end and a MAK-90 I've yet to put a round thru.

So once I finally get off my dead derrier and join a club/range, I'd like to get into IDPA.

Currently in my possesion are:

SW 1911
Kahr K-9
Walther P-22 with the short and long barrel
Taurus 92 AF
Ruger Blawkhawk convertible in 45LC/45ACP
SW 65
Ruger 10/22
Marlin 75c
Yugo SKS
Winchester 1300 in 20 ga
MAK-90
Mossberg 500A
Ruger mkII bull barrel
Browning Auto 5
Walther Nighthawk

formerly owned a SIG P226 in 9mm

SW 1911
Kahr K-9
Walther P-22 with the short and long barrel
Taurus 92 AF
Ruger Blawkhawk convertible in 45LC/45ACP
SW 65 [SW 66]
Ruger 10/22
Marlin 75c
Yugo SKS
Winchester 1300 in 20 ga
MAK-90
Mossberg 500A
Ruger mkII bull barrel [Ruger mkI]
Browning Auto 5
Walther Nighthawk
Y'know, Transporter... I like your taste in guns. [smile] It seems to match mine pretty well.

I'll start a new thread in General about wish lists... except I'll be calling it a "lust list" - as in, "I lust after a xxx".

Hi everyone. New member checking in.

Been lurking for a while and finally decided to join. Lots of great info and discussions here and I like that it is New England based.

I am a Mass resident and enjoy shooting all types of firearms. I currrently belong to two clubs. I have shot in .22 bullseye and NRA High Power Rifle matches although these days I just like to plink or shoot steel. Recently, I got my C&R License and look forward to my first purchase (not sure what yet but probably something military). My paperwork is ready to go for one of the CMP M1 Carbines going on sale April 30 (I knew those 15 round mags I bought at a gun show 10 years ago would be used someday). A couple of my rifles, now with scopes, beg to be shot at 200 or 300 yards. I am looking at Ames Rifle and Pistol Club as a possibility, any feedback on this club would be much appreciated. Enough about me for now, talk to you folks later.

Hello all.

Newbie checking in after a long time lurking here. Just started getting into shooting and loving it. I'm enjoying all the great posts and trying my best to absorb as much info as I can.

Thanks
Andrew in Metrowest

Welcome Andrew and thanks for supporting the forum.

Hope you enjoy it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom