New gun shop in Brunswick, ME

PatMcD

NES Member
C&R Trading Post just opened their doors. They are located on US RT 1 between Brunswick and Freeport, about halfway. If anybody remembers the old Bass Wayside shoe store, that is the place. They've got a decent selection of rifles, shotguns, pistols and are looking to expand the inventory. Lots of new and used reloading supplies. Tons of holsters. Gun stuff only. No fishing, camping, etc..
Open Wed-Sat
207-725-4800

Roger Hayman is the guy behind the counter. He used to work at Bennett's. Good guy. He said to tell everybody to come over and buy, browse, or just have a cup of coffee.

Is he the one thnat purchased a lot of Bennett's inventory? I know my brother bought a lot of the supplies/accessoriesbut I thiught someone further up the road a ways bought the rest.
Either way, I'll have to stop by and check it out.

Who's your brother? I probably know him. I probably know you too, by sight, if you frequent the gun shops and gun shows.

Ray Ladd bought most of the rifles. His shop is the old Hawk-N-Horn over in West Gardiner. I guess he's got that place packed with stuff. I'll have to get over there soon to see him. Nice guy. Marine Corps all the way.

Roger bought most of the inventory (ammo, reloading supplies, handguns, shotguns, holsters, magazines, etc.).

Ok so exactly where is this shop? Can't picture where the old Bass place was. I went to bennett's a bit but other than his place and a couple other places on Rt 1 I'm not familiar with Freeport/brunswick businesses.

Brother: Pete, of Second Amendment Sports. Does all the military stuff, especially parts - lots of parts! If you've done the gun scene in southern Maine or any show for that matter in northern New England, you'll run into him.

Ok so exactly where is this shop? Can't picture where the old Bass place was. I went to bennett's a bit but other than his place and a couple other places on Rt 1 I'm not familiar with Freeport/brunswick businesses.

Brother: Pete, of Second Amendment Sports. Does all the military stuff, especially parts - lots of parts! If you've done the gun scene in southern Maine or any show for that matter in northern New England, you'll run into him.

I know Pete well. Sometimes I have tables at the shows, so I usually go over to see what he and Tully have in the Moxie cans.[wink]

The new shop is on that desolate stretch of Rt.1 between Freeport and Brunswick. Same road Bennett's was on, just a few miles further North. Big red sign out front; can't miss it.

I know Pete well. Sometimes I have tables at the shows, so I usually go over to see what he and Tully have in the Moxie cans.[wink]

The new shop is on that desolate stretch of Rt.1 between Freeport and Brunswick. Same road Bennett's was on, just a few miles further North. Big red sign out front; can't miss it.

Ahh yes, the Moxie cans...LOL I sometime need a thist quencher myself while at the shows. I'm sure we've met also. Have done a few shows with him years back.
I think I know where this place is now. Have been needing another gun shop voy-age day so maybe I can convince the wife to take a Sat off and I can hit some shops. Haven't been to Jim's in quite a while either... I sence a road trip coming up. :)

Back
Top Bottom