NEW GUN SHOP OPENING IN WESTPORT, MA

NEW GUN SHOP OPEN IN WESTPORT,MA
VILLAGE SPORTS is Now Open at 737 State Road, Westport, MA 02790 (The Old Bob's Sport Shop Building Newly Renovated)

As requested Phone # & Hours 508-672-4284:
Tues., Wed., Fri., 12:00 noon to 6:00 p/m; Thursday 12:00 noon to 8:00 p/m; Saturday 10:00 a/m to 6:00 p/m
Closed Sunday & Monday

"We the people are the rightful masters of both
Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln

Last edited:
This is a "New Shop", not a seasonal thing or connected to any other shop. I know the owners personally, they are stand-up guys.

Gordon Giusti

Figures, another gun shop not open on my days off. Just picked up their card the other night at a Ducks Unlimited banquet and was looking forward to a trip down.

I stopped by there today. Nice shop. Friendly and helpful, without being overbearing. They don't have a lot of stock yet but said they will continue to expand as they go. No reloading supplies, but will special order, probably on a bi-weekly basis. I also found out they will be moving, probably in a couple of months. Their new digs will be right down the road, in what used to be Bob's Sport Shop. I noticed that there were a lot of renovations going on there; now I know why.

ETA: I stopped by there again and checked out a few guns and made a couple of small purchases. They have some .380 ammo, Winchester Ranger, 95gr; self-defense stuff (not cheap range ammo). They had several nice used handguns, one of which was a very nice (blued) 4" Colt Diamondback in .22lr. It looked pristine, and was calling my name, but my wallet kept saying NO! [laugh] They will take in guns on consignment, with a 20% fee upon sale. All transfers are $20, which I thought was a good price.

If you're a hunter, they've gotten set up as a turkey checking station. When they complete their move to their new location in a couple of months they plan on doing deer checking also. They're completely renovating their new location now, and I think people will be impressed when they move there. I hung around and shot the breeze for an hour or so and felt quite welcome. They're close to my home and I can see myself becoming a regular. Good vibes so far.

Last edited:
I went there today and left with a great deal on a 1985 Ruger 10/22. I've been looking for a cheap 10/22 for a project for a while and lucked out with this one. I couldn't even buy a receiver for what I paid for it.

Lots of very low prices in this shop! The Tec-9 I oogled for a while is cheaper than what I've spent on a good night out and I was reallllll tempted. You just don't see these for the price they have it marked at. I'm not too keen on handgun prices and can't remember the exact amounts I saw but there were a few Colts there that I know were deals.

I'm looking forward to when they move into the old Bob's Gun Shop location so they can put out more stock. I talked about milsurps with Mario for a while and from what I can tell he has a good number of guns waiting to sell including some rarities.

All in all a good shopping experience. Both Mario and Wayne are friendly guys. I must have spent over an hour there talking to Gordon and them about guns and gun laws.

Last edited:
First and foremost Wayne, Mario, Bob and myself would like to express our appreciation to all who have stopped by to wish us well. Personally it was so good to see so many of my old friends and to meet some new ones.
It is a fact we will be moving to the old "BOBS SPORT SHOP" in approx. 1 - 1/2 to 2 months or as soon as the renovations are complete.

Just an additional note Wayne & Mario have deceided that transfers will be a flat $20.00 (plus shipping on outgoing transfers). Consignment fees are to be a flat 20% no minimum amount (ie; 20% or $40.00 which ever is greater) There will be "NO" which ever is greater fee.

Gordy

Abraham Lincoln

Last edited:
First and foremost Wayne, Mario, Bob and myself would like to express our appreciation to all who have stopped by to wish us well. Personally it was so good to see so many of my old friends and to meet some new ones.
It is a fact we will be moving to the old "BOBS SPORT SHOP" in approx. 1 - 1/2 to 2 months or as soon as the renovations are complete.

Just an additional note Wayne & Mario have deceided that transfers will be a flat $20.00 (plus shipping on outgoing transfers). Consignment fees are to be a flat 20% no minimum amount (ie; 20% or $40.00 which ever is greater) There will be "NO" which ever is greater fee.

Gordy

Abraham Lincoln

If I walk into Bob's old shop and see you behind they counter again I'll think the "Way back machine" sent me there.[grin]

If I walk into Bob's old shop and see you behind they counter again I'll think the "Way back machine" sent me there.[grin]

Seeing Gordy behind the counter at that location will be deja vu all over again! [laugh] I've got many, many guns that I bought from Bob and Ron over the years, not to mention a bunch of holsters and reloading equipment. I'm looking forward to visiting them in their "new" location.

Gordy, was the dirt area behind the garage cleared for additional parking? I think you may need it....[smile]

Seeing Gordy behind the counter at that location will be deja vu all over again! [laugh] I've got many, many guns that I bought from Bob and Ron over the years, not to mention a bunch of holsters and reloading equipment. I'm looking forward to visiting them in their "new" location.

Gordy, was the dirt area behind the garage cleared for additional parking? I think you may need it....[smile]

Yes, It was always exciting backing out onto Route 6

I know they're renovating Bob's old location but one thing I think should be used again is that sigh that used to be hanging up that said "If you are in a hurry, you are in the wrong place". When I was a kid and used to go in there with my father, I remember staring at that sign thinking Oh man its soo true.[laugh]

Hey Guys,

Yes, parking has been improved. The old garage in the back has been torn down and the parking area expanded, Parking in front of the building is going to be reserved for handicap access.
The interior of the building has been gutted and will be new with an open floor format. Central Heat and A/C and much improved lighting are just some of the upgrades.
Thanks again for all the kind words. I'll keep you posted as to any new developments.

Gordy

Abraham Lincoln

Last edited:
It was a Bob with a Caribou, taken with his 50 cal. T/C Hawken and I have no idea where it went and may even still be there. Some things were left behind (not sure just what yet) and will be displayed as part of the decor.
Gordy

Abraham Lincoln

OK What happened to the picture of Bob with either a moose or a caribou. I forget which.

Wow I bought my first gun there, a Czech 8mm Mauser on a FID card, and my father had done ALOT of buisiness there over the years. I can't wait to see the location reopened!

Best of luck to you guys, I'll be stopping by for sure!

It was a Bob with a Caribou, taken with his 50 cal. T/C Hawken and I have no idea where it went and may even still be there. Some things were left behind (not sure just what yet) and will be displayed as part of the decor.
Gordy

Abraham Lincoln

IIRC, there used to be an oversized wooden model of a rifle hanging above the door, an M1? Would be cool if that was still there. [grin] There were some funny conversations there. I can remember a guy telling Bob how he might have to sell his guns because he was going deaf and was afraid that continuing to shoot would make it worse. Bob's reply was something along the line of "Hell, I'd just keep shooting. Eventually you won't even need hearing protection. Think of how convenient that'll be!" [laugh] The parting line when a customer said goodbye and was leaving wasn't "have a nice day"; it used to be "Drive rapidly!" I still use that line today.

SKS Ray is correct - it wasn't the place to go if you were in a hurry, but it was fun. It was amazing how much inventory was in that place. The box full of used holsters, some of which looked like they had been worn by Wild Bill Hickock; the barrel with rifles and shotguns marked "Take your pick, $XX".

Good times! [grin]

NEW GUN SHOP OPENING IN WESTPORT,MA
VILLAGE SPORTS will be opening at 590 State Road, Westport, MA 02790 Ln Saturday May 01, 2010. 10:00 a/m to 6:00 p/m these hours only for opening.
Wayne & Mario are great guys to deal with.

As requested Phone # & Hours 508-672-4284: Tues., Wed., Fri., 12:00 noon to 6:00 p/m; Thursday 12:00 noon to 8:00 p/m; Saturday 10:00 a/m to 6:00 p/m Closed Sunday & Monday

Located on State Road (Rte. 6) Westport, MA White building 2 doors east of the Oriental Pearl Resturant, 2 doors west of Cumberland Farms Plaza, same side of the road (north side of Rte. 6)

Abraham Lincoln
Cool Thanks!!

I was going to go there today at lunch and buy the AB10 I saw last Saturday but when I called a minutes ago I found out its already gone. I thought about it last night and figured for the price it was ($145 IIRC) even if it turned out to be a jam-o-matic, for that price I could tinker with it and hopefully get it to work. Same goes for Mac clone I saw there that was around $245.

Anyone here buy them?

Just a quick note, work at the Old Bob's gun shop is progressing on schedule. Hopefully Village Sports we will be in moving in by July 1st, I think everyone is going to be pleased with the improvements to an already iconic location.
Gordy

Abraham Lincoln

I stopped by today to pick up a transfer and was treated very nicely. I look forward to them getting settled into their new location. I spent a few minutes chatting with Mario, Wayne, and Gordon who all seem like a decent crew. I will definitely be back.

Good luck to you all,
-Cuz.

My son picked up a Walther PK380 there yesterday. Nice to see their inventory and selection filling out. Once they move and have more room for inventory I would expect it to become a very popular place.

Last edited:
Wow I bought my first gun there, a Czech 8mm Mauser on a FID card, and my father had done ALOT of buisiness there over the years. I can't wait to see the location reopened!

Best of luck to you guys, I'll be stopping by for sure!

Me too, a Ruger P85 when they first came out. I have driven by that empty shop so many times and missed it. Back in the day I think Bob's was "the go to shop" in this area. Glad to see in resurrected. Good luck to you guys, will be sure to stop in often.

I stopped in today after work for a transfer and saw a really clean BM59. Out of my price range but what a nice rifle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom