New guy lookin to get his feet wet

Well im looing for some help an ideas on what im goin to need to get into the sport of benchrst shooting.I have been around fire arms all my life an have a good collection of hunting rifles but nothing that would stand a chance against a bench gun.Have been looking around for rifles here in maine to buy but im having a hard time to spend a couple thousand dollars on a used rifle when I dont realy know if im going to beable to make it to alot of matches because of my work.

So I guees what im asking is what should I expect to have to spend to get a good entry level set up rrifle,scope,an rest or should I just come to a match an check out what everyone is using.Im thinking that if I gett into this im goin to fall head over feet into the sport aan dont realy want to look like a total fool.

So if any one has some ideas for me send them my way,an I would be more greatfull for any help what so ever.Thanks an look forward to seeing some of you at orrington an damiscotta(think I spelled it right)this spring an summer.

One place to get started is to take your best factory rifle to one of Roys's egg shoots.Most fun you can have with a rifle and a bench.Some pretty knowledgeable characters there too.

BR shooting

The first IBS score match in ME will be at Lincoln County Rifle Club on 4/12. Starts at 9 sharp. Come to this match and introduce yourself. You will get all the information you'll need to decide what is right for you. Also check out the IBS web site.
www.internationalbenchrest.com
sg5054

Back
Top Bottom