New Heller Lawsuit

The lawsuit cites the District of Columbia's unusual ban on firearms that carry more than 12 rounds of ammunition, which includes most semiautomatic handguns.

I thought it was 7 or more rounds?

It is 12 or more rounds. The issue is that the gun he went to register was a 1911 and had a bottom loading magazine. Under the current legislation, anything that is capable of holding more than 12 rounds is considered a machine gun.

So, if it can hold a mag that holds more than the 12, it's banned.

This guy might quickly get Super Hero status from gun owners across America! Let's hope someone in Ca follows suit (no pun intended) and starts to dismantle those idiot laws, one by one. Personally, I think we have a tough road ahead of us in Mass because we have to fight the Kennedys, Deval Patrick and AG Martha Cokehead... Coakley. Just remember, Martha thinks self help is a bad thing, so just let the old guy in the bathroom touch your child. Just call 911 and let the cops do the rest. Be sure to give your child words of encouragement while waiting for the police to get there. The pervert shouldn't be able to get too far before the police show up. I'm wondering, if that is the frame of mind the AG has, can I send the bill to the her when my kid has to go through years of therapy?

Heller should get a medal or a lifetime supply of pudding or something. Hope he keeps filing one after another.

As far as MA goes some poor bastard should sue stating that they can not afford thier civil rights due to permit fees and AG regulations driving up prices. File a civil rights complaint with the state against the state,gov and ag.
Civil Rights Complaint form

http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=cagoterminal&L=2&L0=Home&L1=Civil+Rights&sid=Cago&b=terminalcontent&f=civilrights_civil_rights_complaint&csid=Cago

Last edited:
Here we go again.

Where does this guy get all of his money? Lawsuits aren't cheap. I hope he wins, and I hope this time the Supreme Court tells D.C. to stop screwing around.
Maybe he's spending his vacation fund? [wink] Lawsuits are not cheap but sometimes a person has to draw the line and say this wrong is worth making a financial investment in getting it reversed. The DC Council still mandates in their new law, that handguns be kept locked. That is in direct disagreement with what the Supreme court ruled. In addition, the DC Council wants to ban all semi automatic pistols. IMHO Mr. Heller and friends have little choice but to file suit again. Good Luck!
Best Regards.

As far as MA goes some poor bastard should sue stating that they can not afford thier civil rights due to permit fees and AG regulations driving up prices. File a civil rights complaint with the state against the state,gov and ag.

If they can't afford the fees for their rights...they can't afford a lawyer to fight for their rights.

Heller should get a medal or a lifetime supply of pudding or something. Hope he keeps filing one after another.

www.mass.gov/?pageID=cagoterminal&L=2&L0=Home&L1=Civil+Rights&sid=Cago&b=terminalcontent&f=civilrights_civil_rights_complaint&csid=Cago

Your link had two http://'s in it, but yeah people should be filing them...

There are various state and federal laws that protect your rights to access education, employment, housing, financial services, healthcare, transportation, voting, and marriage, as well as your free speech and privacy rights, among others.

Like how they have the 1st amendment...but not the second...

Maybe he's spending his vacation fund? [wink] Lawsuits are not cheap but sometimes a person has to draw the line and say this wrong is worth making a financial investment in getting it reversed. The DC Council still mandates in their new law, that handguns be kept locked. That is in direct disagreement with what the Supreme court ruled. In addition, the DC Council wants to ban all semi automatic pistols. IMHO Mr. Heller and friends have little choice but to file suit again. Good Luck!
Best Regards.

Ummm... CATO or NRA funding??

Other than time and any lost wages, it's not costing Heller anything.

The other hero (and the man who started it all)...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/17/AR2007031701055.html

Well worth reading.

LoginName, thanks for the link. I think this quote from Robert A. Levy (the individual who funded the case) sums it all up:

"By the way, I'm not a member of any of those pro-gun groups," he said. "I don't travel in those circles. My interest is in vindicating the Constitution."

or this one, from the article:

To Levy the libertarian, though, the effectiveness of the law -- its success or failure in curbing crime -- isn't the core issue. What matters most to him is whether the statute unjustly infringes on personal liberties. He doesn't dispute that "reasonable" gun controls are permissible under the Second Amendment. But the District's law amounts to "an outright prohibition," Levy said, and "that offends my constitutional sensibilities."

So he opened his wallet and did something about it.

He is self-admittedly "not a gun guy, doesn't own one and probably never will". He's a god with deep pockets in my book.

Thank god for Heller and Levy.
I wish there were more that were willing to take the time and some to spend the money to do that.

What is happening after the SCOTUS ruling is exactly why people in this country need to have the right to bear arms.

When people in power, who's duty it is to uphold the law, refuse to comply and circumvent it.

Heller is awesome.

I wish that Glock would make a Heller commemorative model. Then if they do not allow it in Massachusetts, he could sue the AG.

I would definitely make a donation to that legal fund.

Hell, I would donate to Heller myself, just to be part of history if he asked.

It'd be nice if this second lawsuit could clarify some of the gray areas that the SCOTUS left open with their decision especially in regards to licensing considering the atrocity of a licensing system that DC created following the decision.

Back
Top Bottom