"NEW KNIFE CHALLENGE!"

Just bought one of these used off of eBay. Now I sit by the mailbox and wait for it.

shshadow_iv_174277_1.jpg

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?ob=av2e&v=uMyCa35_mOg

Here's why I know this is great design: it's not anything like what I normally go for, but when I see it I instinctively want to pick it up and use it. And buy it.

I feel like I already know what that knife feels like in the hand.

It looks like it shouldn’t be all that ergonomic but I know what you mean. I’ve never handled one but I’ve swept floors before so I have a good idea what the experience is going to be like.

Benchmade is releasing a new version of the 940 tomorrow at noon and it looks pretty nice. M4 steel, some kind of jade looking G-10. I know people have a problem with Benchmade but they still make decent knives, and my old green 940 served me very well for many years.

If I didn't completely blow my knife budget (I have 5(!) en route)...

1607463309376.png1607463347152.png

Strange to see it without the purple backspacer.

Challenge accepted! I’ve Had my eye on several knives. Time to pull the trigger on at least one of them.

some kind of jade looking G-10.
That is G10 in its natural state without any color added. Very popular these days in some circles.

I own a CIVIVI Asticus in it. Very nice...

They can also take a dye to match something you might pair it with. Say... 1911 stocks made from Natural G10.
1607482121932.png

Benchmade is releasing a new version of the 940 tomorrow at noon and it looks pretty nice. M4 steel, some kind of jade looking G-10. I know people have a problem with Benchmade but they still make decent knives, and my old green 940 served me very well for many years.

If I didn't completely blow my knife budget (I have 5(!) en route)...

View attachment 420385View attachment 420386

Strange to see it without the purple backspacer.
Lol. Snagged one after getting an "In-Stock" notification...
For a Collector piece, as I don't think many will be made/sold.

That's great - I'm sure you'll love it. It's a great EDC blade. Post pics when it arrives.

Pro-tip - the deep carry clip from an 810 Contego fits perfectly and is a big improvement over the one that it comes with. Benchmade CS will send out a replacement for no charge if you were to somehow mess up the one on your Contego. The only problem is going to be that it's not black, but they might make a similar one in black for all I know.

That's great - I'm sure you'll love it. It's a great EDC blade. Post pics when it arrives.

Pro-tip - the deep carry clip from an 810 Contego fits perfectly and is a big improvement over the one that it comes with. Benchmade CS will send out a replacement for no charge if you were to somehow mess up the one on your Contego. The only problem is going to be that it's not black, but they might make a similar one in black for all I know.

How much pocket protrusion with OEM clip...? 1/2"?... 3/4"?
1607547942356.png

This model (810SBK} has a deep clip in black...

1607548062088.png

That's exactly the clip you're looking for if you want to get it to ride deeper. Here's the deep clip on the 940. It puts the top of the knife flush with the pocket edge more or less, vs having 1/2" of it sticking out.

1607548462963.png

I can buy one right from Benchmade. I'll save the warranty request for when I need it.

Is one any better than the other...?

Mini Deep Black ($10)
1607548532506.png

Standard Deep Black ($10)

1607548577407.png

That's exactly the clip you're looking for if you want to get it to ride deeper. Here's the deep clip on the 940. It puts the top of the knife flush with the pocket edge more or less, vs having 1/2" of it sticking out.

View attachment 420802
Ooh, I like!

They don't offer the solid mini any more though. Just one with a slot...

Back
Top Bottom