doobie

Banned
Is there a way to get a list of threads that you've posted in that have new posts? I always hit 'new posts' at the top, but sometimes I get so bogged down and find a few days/weeks later that I made a post and someone responded and I never realized it. I tried the thread subscription thing before but it was slightly more painful... is there another way?

Yes. Go to advanced search and put in your username. Make sure it's set to show results as threads. Then the threads with unread posts will be bolded and have a first new post button.

I think this is the best way.

Mark all forums as read
The use the first new post icon to see what has been done since you last logged in.You will have to use the search function to keep track of the threads you have posted in.

There may be better ways but this one works for me.

Yes. Go to advanced search and put in your username. Make sure it's set to show results as threads. Then the threads with unread posts will be bolded and have a first new post button.

Thanks. I think that is what I need [smile]

I think this is the best way.

Mark all forums as read
The use the first new post icon to see what has been done since you last logged in.You will have to use the search function to keep track of the threads you have posted in.

There may be better ways but this one works for me.

How do you mark all threads as read? I haven't seen that option before.

In the forum tools pulldown there is an option to mark all threads in the forum as read. I do this when I post in that particular forum. This (I think) resets the next new post icon to when you posted in the forum. Then when you click the next new post icon it will only show the posts you have not read yet.

Joe

I have it set up so that every thread I post in gets saved to my "subscribed threads". Then I can just use the quick links in the upper toolbar to pull up my subscribed threads, and viola.

setup your subscribed thread. I subscribe to threads but tell it not to send me an email notification. Then when i log in and only want to see if someone has responded to my posts I click User CP on the left and it will list all the posts that have gotten replies that I have responded to. Once I read them they are removed from the list until someone responds again.

Back
Top Bottom