New Ruger 10/22 Takedown

Might be a dumb question...

Why would this .22 be any better than my 4" .357 for hiking/camping?
You can hit a squirrel. There is squirrel left for eating. 50 rounds is about the same size and weight of one speedloader full of 357. Stupid places like NY state anyone could have one of these, handguns not so much.

I like it. Another bear killing weapon. Useful when camping/hiking in VT against those pesky VT teddy bear.

Sent from my iPhone 5.

What would be the advantages of this? I'm just wondering. I can't think of one instance where I would use this feature myself.

If you wanted to toss it in a backpack by breaking it down and quick and easy build back up with no tools.

What would be the advantages of this? I'm just wondering. I can't think of one instance where I would use this feature myself.

What the hell kind of crazy talk is this? You start asking questions like that, and where does it end?

It's a gun. It's new. And it's different. And it's kind of cool. If that's not enough, then I don't even know, man.

Last edited:
I had the Browning semi auto takedown rifle. It was beautiful and had great ergonomics except for the fact that it ejected cartridges directly down onto my forearm. This Ruger would be a fun replacement.

If you have to ask your doing it wrong!

If you ask yourself that question every time you purchase a gun you will end up with only a couple of gun in your collection and that's is not acceptable. Advantages , Uses , even Common Sense are not words that most die-hard gun collectors use to justify a purchase. Especially in NH where you can buy what you want . Just buy more and rationalize them later if you have to , I myself have given up trying to rationalize and have given myself over to the darkside .

This would be UberKool with a integeral suppressor.
fce32f95.gif

*sighsdeeply* I really need to set up a trust for my NFA stuff.

With this setup, you can finally window shopping @ Burlington Mall without having another scary lock down.

Volquartsen's Take down is the ugliest 10/22 on the planet and for its price i could buy 5 Ruger 10/22 Take Downs . I hardly think that the Volquartsen Fusion is 5 times nore accurate than the Ruger.

What the hell kind of crazy talk is this? You start asking questions like that, and where does it end?

It's a gun. It's new. And it's different. And it's kind of cool. If that's not enough, then I don't even know, man.

[laugh2]Ha! I was thinking the exact same thing when I read that post and was left scratching my head![laugh]

Crap.

I found a NH dealer who had one coming in today. I told them I'd pay over the phone and pick it up tonight. She told me to call at 1 so I did but said the truck hadn't come in yet and she'd email me when it was taken into inventory and ready for sale.

No email. I think I may have missed this one.

No worries, I'll find one eventually.

Meh, I'm a Marlin guy for now. Until Remington and Freedom group makes me vomit with their excellent business acumen.

Confused. What does Ruger have to do with Freedom Group?

-Mike
I'm saying that I'm eyeing the Marlin .22's for the time being. [smile] Until I buy one of the crap Remlins and decide to switch over to Ruger .22 rifles. Right now I kinda want their xt bolt gun in stainless with the tube mag... will shoot whatever the hell .22 you want it to accurately at an affordable price.

Hoffmans for $299

Not many shops have the 10 22 TD but Hoffmans today had a pile of them. $299 each.
I would rather see the small shops get the sales...But I know people that drive an hour to save $75-100!!
Only think I don't like, is the case has the tell tale LOGO on it that shouts...I have a gun in here!!!!!!!!
They must buy quite a few at one time??

Back
Top Bottom