• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Ruger SR22 Issues

Ruger recently moved their SR22 production fro prescott AZ to Mayodan NC. Wouldnt be surprised if some faulty builds coming out for a bit....regardless dont waste your time FS trying to fix it. Get an RMA from Ruger let them fix it for you.

I thought I should post an update in the event someone else has a problem down the road.

Pistol was sent back to Ruger. They contacted me a few days later asking permission to destroy it and they would replace it.

They wouldn't tell me what was wrong with it.

I took the replacement out today and fired various brands of ammo and had only one minor issue.

Hopefully, the replacement pistol will run for many more years.

They also destroyed and replaced a GP100 for me.

From Connecticut to Arizona to North Carolina next stop China?

Mine is going back for a third time. First was ftf, then mag release issues, now its firing with the safety on and giving me random dead triggers. Hope it gets addressed this time around.

I'm getting a lot of lite strikes now. And mag release isn't always returning back to locked.(Both recently) But for 20,000 rounds it ran great and would eat anything you put in it.

I picked up a Ruger SR22 pistol about a week and a half ago at Four Seasons and I'm having issues with it.

I plan on calling Ruger on Monday, but I thought I would see if anyone here has any insight on the issues I'm having.

The first time I took it to the range the pistol had failure to feed issues with both magazines and different brands of ammo.

The second time I took it to the range, this time with different magazines and ammo and the problem was worse.

I'd chamber a round and when I pulled the trigger the gun would not fire.

Through the visual inspection port I verified the round was chambered.

To get the gun to fire I had to hit the magazine (had to do this on all four magazines) on the bottom. It would then fire, but then the next round would not fire.

The gun will also fire if you hit the top front of the slide. (Squeezing the slide down and the frame up.)

Looking at the gun it appears that the barrel points upward when the slide is racked.

It appears that the barrel/trigger assembly is not locked down on the frame.

I've only field stripped the gun, so I haven't taken anything apart.

Looking at some youtube videos it appears that the barrel/trigger assembly is supposed to snap into the frame,
but this one seems loose.
I bought one about 6 months ago. We use it to shoot steel (timed) at 15 - 20 and 25 yards. We use Walmart Federal Bulk stuff for this close up game. About the 500 round mark I had a shell case explode away from the rim with the case stuck in the breech. I thought it was an ammo issue so cleared the breach and switched to Thunderbolts. One of those exploded too and the casing could not be removed. Went on-line and found that it is an issue with the SR22's so got in touch with Ruger CS and they sent me a Fedex PP label. It was returned with note saying "Replaced trigger, barrel and hammer". It is running great for now with whatever I feed it. Tip - once you get the rear sight zeroed - put a small piece of tape over the height adjustment screw - mine fell out first time I used it. These are nice little accurate guns but definitely not heirloom quality.

Back
Top Bottom