New to me H&R 686 Revolver

His 686 H&R is a single action design, as in the cylinder doesn’t swing out, you eject one case at a time out the loading gate. I’m not familiar with that model, he says it’s da….I would assume da/sa but in a sa style frame?!

I have a H&R 929 which is swing out da/sa and 9 rounds of 22lr. Fun plinker!

His 686 H&R is a single action design, as in the cylinder doesn’t swing out, you eject one case at a time out the loading gate. I’m not familiar with that model, he says it’s da….I would assume da/sa but in a sa style frame?!

I had a H&R 999. Great plinker

The 686 is DA/SA which surprised me. When I saw it in the case I was sure it was SA only.

Last edited:
I've been tempted by H&Rs 999 top break 22LR revolver, because why not a top break? Haven't stumbled into one at the right time, but I'm sure it'll happen someday. Plus in 22, I might actually shoot it every once and a while.

iu

Was in Shawsheen Firearms yesterday when I saw this. I'm a sucker for classic revolvers and I've wanted a 22 for a long time. Couldn't leave without it.

H&R 686 Double Action. 22LR and 22 Magnum cylinders.

View attachment 753418
I got one of those in the 4.5 in barrel about 1980 over 40 years ago in a department store in Miss. I think it was $99 new in the box. I hope your enjoying it. Mine sure shoots straight.

Back
Top Bottom