new toy

Pilgrim

NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
Somewhere above I was asking about proper 1911 technique. The reason why was because I knew I was going to pick up my new 1911sc today. I had to have it, it is SO pretty. It has a 4.25 inch barrel and the scandium frome makes it weigh in at 28 oz. I just came back from the range, ran 100 rounds in a mix of Remington FMJ, UMC FMJ and a magazine of JHP. It all ran flawlessly. At 30 feet free hand, I was keeping about 4-5 inch groups. At 50 feet, a little more. It's better than I am. I am VERY happy with it. I seem to shoot it better than any other handgun I have right now, and it's still brand new. It just feels so natural in my hand AND did I say it was pretty?

1911sc1.jpg

1911sc2.jpg

and yes, it is all 1911.

Don't ask what I paid for it. It's probably more than I should have if I had looked around, but I HAD to have it. Love at first sight !

Pilgrim,

I have the same model and echo your sentiments. My 1911sc is the most accurate out-of-the-box 1911 I have ever owned. I have been experimenting and 165 gr Federal HS seems to be a good load with minimal recoil although 230 gr bullets are not unduly punishing. I also have some 185 gr Winchester WinClean BEB which I am trying a inexpensive practise round. My next purchase is going to be a set of the CTC Laser grips for this.

I'm not shy about telling what I paid for mine. I traded a friend a LNIB Sig P220 straight across for this and we both think we got the better of the deal.

FPrice said:
Pilgrim,

I have the same model and echo your sentiments. My 1911sc is the most accurate out-of-the-box 1911 I have ever owned. I have been experimenting and 165 gr Federal HS seems to be a good load with minimal recoil although 230 gr bullets are not unduly punishing. I also have some 185 gr Winchester WinClean BEB which I am trying a inexpensive practise round. My next purchase is going to be a set of the CTC Laser grips for this.

I'd like some lasers too, but then I'd have to take off these beautiful wooden ones. Can't bring myself to do it.

Back
Top Bottom