NH alert: Constitutional Carry, SB116, TODAY!, 1pm NH House

Shitless makes me want to puke... I live how they are "proguns" because they hunt and he took the hunters course...

Well, I was on hold... Next time Shurtleff brings up the warm fuzzies about "suitability," someone needs to mention that "suitable" is not anywhere defined in NH law, and that since the 2007 NH Supreme Court decision in Bleiler v. Chief, Dover Police Dept. has been a soft "I know it when I see it" term authorizing in effect a patchwork of arbitrary, undocumented standards, applied inconsistently, at the sole discretion of an appointed few. Before 2007, for a very long time it was assumed by even the NH State Police to mean 'can legally possess a firearm' but since 2007 it has in effect become license to create one's own rules, on a town-by-town basis, in a small population, which of course has led to some remarkable denials, delays, and games being played with applications by chiefs who can simply turn someone down if they don't play along (and $5000 later, the person might successfully receive their license, given to them before the case goes far enough for the chief to be fined under the existing law).

Thanks to all who provided feedback, listened to the show and even those who helped on debate prep!

PS. SB116 is before the full senate on Thursday and it seems Hosmer has some kind words for one of the NH citizens:

http://granitegrok.com/blog/2015/02/dont-get-no-respect
http://granitegrok.com/blog/2015/02...nly-written-words-state-senator-andrew-hosmer

Maybe it is time for a quick call to his office to have a discussion on manners and maybe even a subtle hint that passing SB116 is a good idea.

-Design

I'd like to think you were being deeply sarcastic, but... [sad2]

I am a devout member of the libertologist church that believes we were endowed by a creator of unknown and irrelevant form with certain unalienable rights including that of life, liberty, property, self-defence, etc...

My god commands me to respect the rights of others that offend me and to protect myself and family at all times with a ceremonial loaded, fully functional glock and rifle.
Sounds like a great church man

Spelling destroyed by tapatalk

I noticed that at the start of the show Laura stated that the law will allow "anyone that already has a license to open carry can carry concealed".

Heads up: Keep 2/19 free on your calendars. Rumor has it that this is the House hearing date for CC.
-Design

Hmmm. Got something of a strange reply from my Senator...

My email:
Senator Reagan -

I understand that SB116 is to be heard before the full Senate tomorrow. I hope that I can count on your full support of this bill and its intentions. There has been testimony and arguments that don't completely represent the impact of this bill.

This bill is quite simple. For people who are allowed to open carry a pistol or revolver today, it provides for them to be able to carry that pistol or revolver discreetly (concealed) and while loaded in a car. It doesn't allow any additional people access to fire arms than have them today. It doesn't remove any of the existing laws related to ownership or possession of a fire arm.The difference is carrying inside the waistband vs. outside the waistband.

If you are already in support of this bill, thank you, and I'll not waste your time putting all of the reasons that I support this bill in writing.

If you are either on the fence about support for this bill, or do not support this bill, I would appreciate the chance to speak with you via phone about the bill before the vote tomorrow. If you would like to chat please feel free to call me at the number below.

Thank you

His reply:
NHPoke, What is your address.

My reply:
Hi John - My address is 55 Fifty Fifth Street, Fivester NH, 55555 and my phone is 555 555-5555

Hmmm. Got something of a strange reply from my Senator...

My email:

His reply:

My reply:

His response to me...

Ed,

I am an NRA Endowment Life Member and have an A rating for votes in the legislature. You can count on my continual support of the 2nd Amendment and gun rights for all of us. We know where there are more guns there is less crime. Thanks for writing. Always include your address when corresponding with a legislator.

I thought the address thing was a little weird as well.

His response to me...

I thought the address thing was a little weird as well.

It is not. Especially for Senators. Senators have much larger districts so they typically respond to constituents first and if they have time, to NH residents outside their district. Providing your address proves you are a constituent and ensures they take your position more into account since you have an actual say in their election.

Always provide your address when communicating with a senator or representative.

I emailed the whole list. Boutin responded that he was a co-sponsor. Reagan just replied "ok".

The rest were automated responses, including my own senator (Woodburn).

Edit: just checked email again, and Carson also replied that she supports SB116. (And I got a duplicate reply from Boutin's personal email address.)

Last edited:
Hearings confirmed!!!
The following bills HAVE BEEN scheduled to be heard on 2/19:

HB512 Prohibition on collection of ammo and arms during an emergency (Support)
HB582 House version of Constitutional Carry (Support)
HB650 Universal Background checks (Oppose)
HB685 Prohibiting enforcement of future Federal Gun laws (Support) http://www.shallnot.org/legislation

Someone else please publish the bill links and hearing times... The data is now on the GenCourt website.

-design

Hearings confirmed!!!

HB685 Prohibiting enforcement of future Federal Gun laws (Support) http://www.shallnot.org/legislation

Someone else please publish the bill links and hearing times... The data is now on the GenCourt website.

-design

I hope all but hb582 go thru that would be great.

Spelling destroyed by tapatalk

Hearings confirmed!!!

Public Hearing: 2/19/2015 1:00 PM LOB 201-203

Public Hearing: 2/19/2015 10:30 AM LOB 201-203

Public Hearing: 2/19/2015 9:00 AM LOB 201-203

Public Hearing: 2/19/2015 2:00 PM LOB 201-203

-design

Updated with links and hearing schedules.

Back
Top Bottom