NH Alert: SB116. Still on the Gov's desk. ***Vetoed***

So, who the hell is this guy, and what the hell is the "Independent Firearm Owners Association?"

Monadnock Ledger-Transcript

I wouldn't give them any press if you don't need to. The former Rindge Chief may have something to do with the reporter knew to find him for a quote. Pro Micro-stamping and all.

http://www.independentfirearmowners.org/2013/node/3

Officers of the Board:

Richard J. Feldman, Esq.
President/CEO

Board of Directors:
Sielicki, Mike
Rindge, NH
Police Chief, Law Enforcement Association Executive

https://www.facebook.com/IFoA.org

Last edited:
This guy has been another NRA CLOWN, This is from his bio; "a one-time regional political director for the National Rifle Association (NRA);"

So since the other NRA Clown was not wanted here, I wonder if this guy was contracted to do the job.

Open carry protest should be at HIS doorstep.

This guy has been another NRA CLOWN, This is from his bio; "a one-time regional political director for the National Rifle Association (NRA);"

So since the other NRA Clown was not wanted here, I wonder if this guy was contracted to do the job.

I don't think so. If you look at his bio, the NRA disowned this clown long ago, probably right about the time he wrote his hit piece/expose' Ricochet.

He should have showed up at here campaign place and dry humped her like he did the tree.....................................................................................
It's probably advice like this that's the reason I don't get hired to be a campaign manager.

Can someone from NES get this kid to a gun club ? We need him to try it on for size. Then get him on our side firmly !

Need a veto proof majority or it will die again with Maggie.

On the bright side - record firearms checks in NH in December (8k) and they've already had 1K this month. Might just be handguns as I don't believe the State Police conduct rifle background checks.

Need a veto proof majority or it will die again with Maggie.

On the bright side - record firearms checks in NH in December (8k) and they've already had 1K this month. Might just be handguns as I don't believe the State Police conduct rifle background checks.

It's my understanding State does handguns and Feds do rifles.

Yes, that's why a rifle check takes seconds and a handgun takes minutes to hours. Something else we need removed.

Purchasing a handgun you can go to lunch, then come back and pick it up. Easy hour.

Buying a rifle, you have enough time to take a leak, maybe shake twice. Super fast.

Yes, that's why a rifle check takes seconds and a handgun takes minutes to hours. Something else we need removed.

The handgun check going through the NHSP was to allow handgun sales to go through without the original Brady Bill 3 day waiting period. States that set up their own instant check system were allowed to opt out of the waiting period prior to the NICS system being online. So it was a better thing for NH prior to NICS.

Long gun sales, since they could be made to an out of state resident, go through the NICS check.

So yeah- maybe it should go, but do you really trust the administration not to force go slow on the NICS system at some point?

Now that I'm in Colorado- all sales go through both the NICS check and a Colorado check. And we have to pay $10 for the Colorado check. [frown]

Too many things lumped in together here. What passed, or what was vetoed? This goes back to early last year.

Thanks, and good luck with whatever it is you're doing.

The handgun check going through the NHSP was to allow handgun sales to go through without the original Brady Bill 3 day waiting period. States that set up their own instant check system were allowed to opt out of the waiting period prior to the NICS system being online. So it was a better thing for NH prior to NICS.

Long gun sales, since they could be made to an out of state resident, go through the NICS check.

So yeah- maybe it should go, but do you really trust the administration not to force go slow on the NICS system at some point?

Now that I'm in Colorado- all sales go through both the NICS check and a Colorado check. And we have to pay $10 for the Colorado check. [frown]

If the feds get slow the state will get slow, too. NH poc gets nics access, they're just a proxy site. The handgun POC really needs to go its long overdue.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_status/Bill_docket.aspx?lsr=798&sy=2016&sortoption=&txtsessionyear=2016&txtbillnumber=HB582&q=1

It's a good bill overall but there is one line I would change:

The form shall require no more information than was required on the state of New Hampshire application for pistol/revolver license, form DSSP 85, as revised in December 2009.

This keeps references and employer info that is irrelevant to whether the applicant is a PP. A proper application would require only enough info for a criminal record check.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_status/Bill_docket.aspx?lsr=798&sy=2016&sortoption=&txtsessionyear=2016&txtbillnumber=HB582&q=1

It's a good bill overall but there is one line I would change:

This keeps references and employer info that is irrelevant to whether the applicant is a PP. A proper application would require only enough info for a criminal record check.

The employer reference is totally unnecessary and only serves as a means of discouraging/intimidating applicants

We were unable to find a form that did not have that requirement. As far back as 1999 that was listed on the form (I found one from 1999 but it was not materially different from the 2009 form).

Technically 3.

If you really wanna be technical, this is the 4th try. A CC bill was filed in 2004 and failed as well.

Agreed. Right now, any changes to the bill could set us back to dealing with the legislature's political gristmill. For now, they are going to keep pushing the exact language that got the Rs on board together. The key here is con carry - that victory is the goal. The last time NH went for broke on a con-carry related bill, the R supermajority in place wound up squabbling over micro-specifics and what-ifs. This bill has been gone over already and is broadly accepted among the party. No one really wants to screw with that.

Once con carry's in place, I am sure several reps will put forward bills to adjust the then-optional license application, etc.
This is why the legislature needs to provide the form and the exact details of what is on it instead of deferring to something that the state police have created previously

There's nothing that dems can say to defend keeping the employer info requirement in the license application

Back
Top Bottom