NH CCW Application

real fast

They process as fast as humanly possiable. I dream every night that my girlfriend will let us move back to my home state.

Nickle said:
My Florida CCW Permit is next. They figure 90 days. Anybody have any experience with Florida?

I got mine in late 2001 and it took ~120 days. There was a problem where they scanned my application and couldn't make out the Notary Seal on the scanned copy, so my app sat in a "need additional info" for a number of weeks/months. I recall that I called them late afternoon on 9/11/01 to check on my status and cleared up that problem for them. It still took until late November/early December before I received it in hand.

About 15 years ago I got mine back from NH in 4 days. Phoned about 4pm to ask for an application and got it in the next morning's mail! If they insist on screwing around with permits, that's how it should be done.

Ken

Nickle said:
Final update:

I got it Saturday, but they put the wrong state on it. They put New Haven, CT, instead of New Haven, VT.

[lol] They were in such a hurry they made a mistake.

After doing more research, I think I'm going to get a Utah permit. The only downside is mandatory training, and I'm doing that this Sunday, and the cost is $30. Utah wouldn't accept a DD-214 as proof of training, unlike a bunch of other states. The good part is that they have instructors all over the country, including 2 in Vermont.

And they told me they'll process within 60 days. And only $59 for 5 years.

Nickle said:
After doing more research, I think I'm going to get a Utah permit. The only downside is mandatory training, and I'm doing that this Sunday, and the cost is $30. Utah wouldn't accept a DD-214 as proof of training, unlike a bunch of other states. The good part is that they have instructors all over the country, including 2 in Vermont.

And they told me they'll process within 60 days. And only $59 for 5 years.
How many states does Utah cover?

Utah covers Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington and Wyoming.

My New Hampshire Permit adds New Hampshire and Pennsylvania. See, I really didn't need to carry in Florida, just had to add some of the states that didn't accept NH, including Arkansas, where my in-laws live. Between NH and Utah, I'll be all set, except for a Maine, and a few states that won't let me carry anyways (Mass and NY). I don't go to CT enough to worry about it.

Got my NH permit last summer. No more than a week or 10 days to get it back. Had in incident where we were stuck broken down on the side of the road after dark last year and had a run in with a real nut job that led me to getting my app in the next day.

So, let me get this strait about Utah...is it really that simple that getting that one license covers you for CCW in all of those other states listed? I have been thinking about a cross country backroads trip from Mass, and either going north to Alaska, where I've driven before, or South to Baja. I'd almost ne inclined to plan my route around that...It would be a comfort to be able to carry on that trip, as sad a commentaty as it is. (realizing that Mexico is another issue entirely. Maybe thats the subject of another thread....)

Steve

For the NRA instructors on the lists, picking up certification as a Utah CCW instructor is really simple and cheap; certainly a betterapproach than finding another instructor if you're planning on applying for a Utah permit. A copy of your NRA credentials, a course outline that you'll use for Utah certification, a summary of your qualifications/experience, a copy of your LTC or driver's license and $5. The application's on-line at http://bci.utah.gov/CFP/CFPHome.html

Utah CCW's are $59, good for 5 years, shall issue and qualifies as an NICS check (per BATF), According to Packing.org, their non-resident permits are honored by the following states:
Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington and Wyoming.

Ken

Don't submit the Fl application. I found out that NH and Utah cover every state Florida does, (except Florida, which recognizes NO Non Resident CCW Permits), PLUS North Dakota, Minnesota, Texas and Washington. Florida doesn't cover those states. And Utah ($59/5 yr, $10 renewal) was far cheaper than Florida ($117/5 yr, $107 renewal).

You can get Utah's application on-line. Follow the links from the Utah page at http://www.packing.org.

Nickle said:
Don't submit the Fl application. I found out that NH and Utah cover every state Florida does, (except Florida, which recognizes NO Non Resident CCW Permits), PLUS North Dakota, Minnesota, Texas and Washington. Florida doesn't cover those states. And Utah ($59/5 yr, $10 renewal) was far cheaper than Florida ($117/5 yr, $107 renewal).

You can get Utah's application on-line. Follow the links from the Utah page at http://www.packing.org.

FL's $117? (No wonder it wasn't posted on their web site) Yikes! Think I'll get UT's then (already have NH). Thanks hun.

Nickle it says Certification must be from Certified Utah Instructor. Is there Utah instructors in VT?

2 of them. I take my "class" this Sunday, it'll take about 2 hours, but I'll wager I'll be there about 3 or 4, since odds are pretty good I've got some nifty toys that the instructor doesn't have. I'll take the course with the Glock, but I'll definitely bring the 1911A1, Helwan, 1917 Colt and the Nagant pistol, plus possibly a couple of rifles for him to try out.

Utah Certified Instructors in the area:

MASSACHUSETTS
ANDREW BRANCA
CRAIG BUCKLAND
WILLIAM CHIARCHIARO
VINCENT FURFARO
ROBERT LYNCH
STEVEN MUNDEN
MICHAEL MATHEWS
CRAIG SWINSON

VERMONT
PATRICK BENNER
ROBERT ROTONDI

NEW HAMPSHIRE
ALAN RICE

NEW YORK
BARRYL AGURS
KEN COOPER
JAMES DINAN
ALAN DUBBS
RICHARD FAIRCHILD
HARRY GOLD
ROBERT HOBART
RICHARD HOYER
ROBERT L PACKETT
DAVID RIVERA
RAMON RODRIGUEZ
LYN SHOEMAKER

cdkayak said:
Nickle,

Thanks for all the good info on this. That's definitely worth applying for.

CD
+1 when I get back from Perry I'm going to get Brent and myself in to a class and apply for it.

Back
Top Bottom