• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH law changes - Tree Stands and Game Cameras

Overall seems like a dumb and poorly written law. However, as a land owner are you supposed to be ok with strangers without permission mounting cameras throughout your property?

This was back in the day of aluminum arrows and a Bear take-down recurve. My memory assumed it was for MA, but we could've been hunting NH.
Yeah.....think it was always NH.

My dad used to hunt NH way back, and when I first talked to him about it in the 90's, he asked me if I put my name and address on my arrows....I was like What???

I still never did, I was hunting private land anyway, and was unlikely to run across a fishcop. However, I guess if they stopped me in the truck or at a check station and I had the arrows in my quiver they could have jammed me up about it. I killed a few deer there with the bow and you had to check them at a station back then.

Actually watched a NH fishcop show that some kid killed a deer didn't know about the name on the arrow law and I'm pretty sure the fishcop wrote him a warning for it. Said next time he would take his deer over it or something. Dude might not have tagged the deer either, which is a big no no. Not that the deer was hidden, it was on the roof of an SUV or something. Whole thing seemed staged and probably was.

But if I was the fishcop....I would have ignored the arrow law totally cause its stupid, and probably just mentioned it to him, and just told the kid to make sure he tags the deer at time of kill...he OBVIOUSLY wasn't trying to hide the deer, and go kill another one with the same tag.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom