NH LTC if you don't have MA ALP?

yup, i got one with my MA hunting and target restrictions. It cost 20 dollars if my memory serves me correct and i got it in a week. All i had to do was send them a copy of my MA license and the application. You can get it off off of www.packing.org website. The funny thing is they send you a nice credit card sized pvc license, while NH residents get some crappy oversized paper license.

planb1215 said:
The funny thing is they send you a nice credit card sized pvc license, while NH residents get some crappy oversized paper license.

Really?? Must have changed; mine's credit card sized, but it's gray cardboard.

Maybe I'll get the plastic one when I renew in '07.

planb1215 said:
The funny thing is they send you a nice credit card sized pvc license, while NH residents get some crappy oversized paper license.

that's what i got (paper one) got it last month.

i just photo copied it half the size of original and laminated it.same size as drivers license

planb1215 said:

i just photo copied it half the size of original and laminated it.same size as drivers license

planb1215 said:

Can't guess as to what's happening in NH. My NH license (6/2004-6/2008) is plastic and regular credit card size.

Ken

Can't guess as to what's happening in NH. My NH license (6/2004-6/2008) is plastic and regular credit card size.

Ken

Ken

We've gone thru this a number of times now on this forum. I'll try to hit the high points below:

- NH converted from paper CCW to plastic a few years ago (my renewal was delayed as it was in the first batch of plastic CCWs, Aug 2003), BUT ONLY FOR NON-RESIDENTS. They are still issuing tissue-paper licenses to their Residents!

- NH Laws (RSA) NEVER stated that to get a NH NR CCW you needed an unrestricted home LTC/CCW. Someone in the NH SP Licensing division made that policy a number of years ago. Sam Cohen (escapee from MA and a friend of some of us on MAF and this forum) is on the BOD of GO-NH and took the complaints to those in power in NH on behalf of the NRs that were getting denied. Net result, a change in rules in NH and they now follow their RSAs and issue a CCW to anyone with a home-state LTC/CCW.

- Cost is $10 for Residents and $20 for NRs and term is 4 years.

- On average it takes 5-14 days "portal to portal" to get your NH CCW. You drop it in the USMail and get it back usually well within 2 weeks.

We've gone thru this a number of times now on this forum. I'll try to hit the high points below:

- NH converted from paper CCW to plastic a few years ago (my renewal was delayed as it was in the first batch of plastic CCWs, Aug 2003), BUT ONLY FOR NON-RESIDENTS. They are still issuing tissue-paper licenses to their Residents!

- NH Laws (RSA) NEVER stated that to get a NH NR CCW you needed an unrestricted home LTC/CCW. Someone in the NH SP Licensing division made that policy a number of years ago. Sam Cohen (escapee from MA and a friend of some of us on MAF and this forum) is on the BOD of GO-NH and took the complaints to those in power in NH on behalf of the NRs that were getting denied. Net result, a change in rules in NH and they now follow their RSAs and issue a CCW to anyone with a home-state LTC/CCW.

- On average it takes 5-14 days "portal to portal" to get your NH CCW. You drop it in the USMail and get it back usually well within 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom