No 12/8 Big E reviews?!?

Prices on a milsurps where ok for non-c+R prices, I saw a few Russian SKS's (I considered on the high side in the 300+ range) I saw a 1919a4 on a table for 595.00 (nicely built,I damn near put it on the cc but as you know I have ONE already!)
Prices to park and get in where the same (5 to park and 7 to get in with the coupon they send you or from SGN) Got some Varget powder at a decent price (8 lb jug for 130.00) and some win primers for small rifle for 25 a box (about normal)

the big find was the soumi drum mags for the new 9mm AK build got 4 of them.

I also saw a Bushy M17S (possible preban it had a Flash Hider but SN would have to be confirmed ) for $550 which is a very good price.

Ammo cans 50 cal for $5 ea,

Guns where going out and being sold.

Ray if you want to go tomorrow give me a yell and I would be happy to go with you if you don't have anyone to go with. (yes I wouldn't mind walking around it again. )

Thanks for the offer Glenn but cash is tight this week. I was hit hard by Christmas lists today. Good to see someone selling ammo cans again though.

I was able to find 4 with no rust on the inside and very minimal rust on the outside. so yes good not excellent. He also had 5.56 cans and I think 20mm cans at decent prices.
set up in the back rows of the show.
Wow...thats a good price. They in decent condition?

Hadn't planned on going this time of year but I know my brother did quite well Saturday with his tables. Sunday was slower I guess.

"I saw a 1919a4 on a table for 595.00"

Really! Wow. That's a super duper deal since you can't touch one for less than a grand. I'm glad I didn't go because I'd have really been tempted. My bro has one and it's lots of fun but, boy, it sucks ammo bigtime.

Rome

Yea I was blown away as I spent more than that to make mine! It was a sot from CT I guess it was his buddys gun, (who had small kids and I guess couldn't afford to shoot it.) I happened to build mine right before 8mm went out of sight and I got several cases so I am set for awhile. (Unless a shoot I go to is no steel core then I use reloaded .308)

My brother's is in .308 caliber and at the time, it was plentiful. When it began to dry up, we talked about doing the 8mm conversion but never really applied ourselves to doing it. Now, however, it would almost appear that the best caliber would be in 30.06. At least you can still buy cases of it albeit at high prices!

I'm just hoping that after this war winds down we'll see a supply of NATO ammo reappear on the market. Rest assured if that happens, we'll be standing at the head of the line to stock up!

Rome

well the neat thing about the 1919 is that you can swap calibers out in a few moments. and parts are cheap. I still have to pick up a 30 06 barrel, but am setup otherwise. I made the adapter for the 8mm feed ramp and got the barrel online from someone in CT and the 06 booster from a gun show cheap. (you use the 06 for both 06 and 8mm) If I find any deals I will pass on the info to you for him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom