Non resident FID?

probably change my address to there so that I can get My NH Pistol Permit
You can get a NH pistol permit by mail without changing your state of residence from MA. Since you can't buy handguns form a dealer in NH until age 21, the only other reason I can thing to necessitate a change to NH legal residency is to avoid the pitfalls of a MA residency if you earn enough for the income tax to be a real issue.

Moreover, unless you have presently decided to remain living in New Hampshire for the indefinite future after completing school, you would not become a New Hampshire resident as a matter of law, and therefore could not (without committing fraud) apply for a NH resident permit.

There is no such thing as a NR FID. NRs can only get NR LTCs, if eligible.

As a MA Resident, you'd be legally qualified to obtain a Resident FID . . . that seems to be the only solution until you are 21 wrt MA.

I may be wrong but I believe that NH requires you to have a LTC in your state of residence in order to issue a non-resident LTC. This is because they don't actually do any checks, they rely on the license copy that you send them in their non-resident application.

Your best bet IMO would be just to get a Massachusetts FID and forget completely about CCW in NH until you're 21 because you can't handguns til you're 21 to begin with. Remember that in NH and most other states no license is required for mere possession, transportation, and use of firearms.

Hope that works. I know that at least some states will not allow that type of dual residency. While some people own property in two states and spend part of the year in each one, typically they will be residents in one and have a resident LTC for that state and a non-resident LTC for the other state. You want to make sure because otherwise the second you declare residency in NH your MA FID becomes invalid.

Additionally, I believe that some states do not consider students who do not live in the state year-round as residents.

Back
Top Bottom