non-resident NH LTC

If you wanted to drive to Florida from MA, would this mean you would need to apply for out of state permits in every state you drive through? By law? Ugh...

Hey, my check cashed a few weeks ago but I havent gotten the ID. I moved and it occured to me it may say "no forwarding" on the envelope. Can anyone confirm this?

google FOPA for your answer

FOPA is not even necessary for driving through free states. Once you are south of New Jersey, you are 100% legal per state law with firearms unloaded and locked away from the passenger compartment through PA, MD, VA, NC, SC, GA, and FL. Once in Florida you cannot carry concealed unless you have a resident license from a state that Florida has reciprocity with. Otherwise, you can carry your firearms unloaded to and from any range, or any place for that matter, 100% legally and without the need for permits or licenses.

FORWARD

Hey, my check cashed a few weeks ago but I havent gotten the ID. I moved and it occured to me it may say "no forwarding" on the envelope. Can anyone confirm this?

UNLESS IT SAYS THATWHICH WHEN I GOT MINE IT DIDN'T ,IT WILL BE AUTOMATICLY FORWARDED SINCE IT IS SENT FIRST CLASS

I SENT MINE APP. IN AT THE END OF MARCH AND GOT IN IN AUG. ...THEY ARE BACKED UP AND THERE IS A NUMBER TO CALL BUT YOU'LL HAVE TO TRY DIALING 411 SINCE I LOST THE NUMBER I HAD ...PATIENCE IT'S GOV.

The number is 603-271-3375 (Posted on the NH SP website). But good luck trying to get a hold of anyone. I have called twice today. The first time, I got the voicemail (said that all representatives were busy) and the second time it said the v-mail box was full.

When I did get the v-mail message, it said that they are processing applications that were sent in the begining of May! I sent mine in June 5th. Its been 4 months and it looks like I have another month to wait.

capslock_for_dummies.jpg

Just an update for those of us paying $100. I sent my application in Sept 18th, check cashed on Sept 23rd, received license today in mail, October 5th.

Why not call the NH office and ask them?

I did. Never imagined they'd get back to me quickly so I asked here. Often you get a better answer out of people on here then if you call the agency your dealing with.

THey did call back, rather quickly, and said it does not forward, and should send them a letter requesting it to my new address. Did that. We'll see how long this takes.

Mailed app in on June 5th. Check cashed today. Now will have to wait and see how long before it shows up.

Received my NH non-res today... sent out 9/25, check cashed the next week, license arrived 10/17.

Sent Maine non-res 9/26, no check cashed yet, no license yet...

Have CT application; new fees are:
  • $19.25 cashiers check or money order payable to DPS ,
  • AND a $50 check or money order payable to DPS both with the two fingerprint cards,
  • AND a $70 check or money order payable to DPS for the application.

And several of the documents need to be notarized as well...

Last edited:
I mailed my $20 check on June 16 on the renewal form they sent me. Check is still not cashed, no NR license received either.

This morning, I just sent them a letter asking about my permit status. [sad]

Back
Top Bottom