Not Technically a Gun Show, But A Buyback in Springfield, MA

The Springfield PD (130 Pearl St, Springfield, MA) will be having a gun buyback tomorrow from 10-5, and I plan on going to offer cash in lieu of the $50 gift cards that they are giving out. If anyone would care to join me, I'll be the guy in the red truck trying to find me a deal among those surrendering their firearms. Hope to see you there!

Wouldn't you need to be a FFL or have one available to make this happen? Assuming the guy turning in doesn't have a LTC. I think this is easier in free states.

You mean the cops are giving the sellers of these rifles a pass on having an LTC?
If they have an LTC from MA and you have an LTC from MA and you're both MA residents, no problem. File an FA-10 and call it a good day.

Edited...
I just realized my point was kind of stupid. I suppose the point of the 'buy back' programs is so they can get the most guns off the streets (or attics) with no questions asked....

Last edited:
Back from the buyback! As some of you pointed out, an FFL would be required from non-license holders. To avoid that calamity, I put "NEED MA LTC" right on my sign. As such, I went home (after two and a half hours of freezing my buns off) with a very nice Savage Model 67D 12 gauge shotgun. It's from the 80's according to the gentleman who kindly sold it to me for $50. Now, I filled out the FA-10 with the appropriate information, but my question to you all is this - it's a pre-registration firearm. Do I need to file that FA-10 or am I granted an exception due to the age of the firearm? Any help is appreciated!

I filled out the FA-10 with the appropriate information...

Technically, it's the sellers responsibility to submit the FA-10.

...but my question to you all is this - it's a pre-registration firearm. Do I need to file that FA-10 or am I granted an exception due to the age of the firearm?

There is no exemption due to age (antiques notwithstanding).

BTW, what do you mean by "pre-registration firearm"?

Back
Top Bottom