Noveske muzzle break legallity?

Hello fellow NESr's looking for the complicated legal answer. I have a bushmaster m4, 16'' barrel. I want to install the the very cool looking noveske "flash-hider". I know it is meant for SBR's and installing it would still keep me above 16''. Is this thing even considered a flash hider? I just don't want to draw unwanted scrutiny to my EBR.
Thanks!

Is is advertised as a flashhider or a muzzle break?

Is it described as eliminating or reducing muzzle flash?

Since there is no specific test and the BATFE no longer tests muzzle breaks to determine if they are also flash-hiders, the default now is to refer to the manufacturer's advertising. If it is ever described or advertised as reducing muzzle flash, it is a flash-hider and prohibitted. If not, it will generally be considered a muzzle break and thus legal.

If an officer looking at it believes there is "reasonable suspicion" to believe it is a flash-hider, it might be confiscated as evidence while the courts decide which it is.

I have a KX3 on one of my carbines, it has a 16 inch Larue upper on it. I figured it might be nice for the people shooting around me not to have a flash hider/brake a lane or two over from where I am shooting. Two things about it: first it seems very muzzle heavy now, I don't know if its me being sensitive to that huge can or if it really throws the balance off. Second I have had people say it seems louder than a plain barrel or flash hider/brake equipped AR. That I can't say one way or the other. For now I'll keep it on but I may put the Smith Vortex back on. My 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom