• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Now that's an arsenal - 300-gun arsenal seized from Long Island, NY, home

this is how its reported in the New York Post:

Suffolk County officials reveal allegedly illegal arsenal of Long Island resident - NYPOST.com

...Steiner also offered weapon-repair services, despite not having a license to do so, officials said.

Suffolk County DA Thomas Spota said his office spent months analyzing the arsenal, and discovered three devices known as “auto sears,” which turn rifles into machine guns....

...As part of a sting, an undercover cop asked Steiner to fix a revolver and the suspect allegedly obliged....

bullshit, they probably found three shoelaces. [laugh]

This is what we're up against. These idiots vote.

Ahahaha I LOVE when people obsess over the number! Its like, theoretically, he could only use a maximum of two against you at any given moment, yet 300+ is somehow "scary"

I must be slacking at work, because this was sent using Tapatalk

He is ****ed.

He should prevent that traitor from enjoying that $500.

What are they gonna do? Lock him away longer? He is 66, he is going to die in prison anyway. Might as well be in prison for a real crime.

This. At that age and knowing NY is going to **** you hard, you may as well just shoot first.

" he had more firepower than the detectives that arrested him."

Is this very difficult? Seems to me damn near everybody on here would have more firepower than a detective. They carry what, maybe a glock/sig/m&p? Perhaps even a spare mag or two?

Ahahaha I LOVE when people obsess over the number! Its like, theoretically, he could only use a maximum of two against you at any given moment, yet 300+ is somehow "scary"

I must be slacking at work, because this was sent using Tapatalk

This.

I never understood any of this amount of guns crap. What am I gonna do with 40 ar15s compared to 4 ar15s.

Besides have more fun.

So what was the crime? Repairing handguns against the law? I take he didn't have a pistol permit but that seems to be the only thing illegal. Also note they were aware of his stash for months, why didn't they grab him sooner for the children? Wonder how many of these we'll sit on it until it is politically time cases they have planned.

I have less than 300 and my boss asked me how many I had. When I told him is said "That's scary" I asked him why and his response was "You could come in here and kill us all." I responded with "I could kill everyone here with one revolver." Then I told him he has more guns in this office than I do.

Now he's not anti gun, He's just a little nervous sometimes. Oh and I've worked here 17 years.

Even though this guy was an idiot...the "laws" he "broke" in this non violent manner that caused no harm to anyone shows how ridiculous stuff really is. I'm guessing the charge stems from him owning handguns without a permit since in NJ I believe you need one to buy/posses handguns, and then for all the long guns he had that were on NJ's "ban list"....both of which we already know are ridiculous laws to begin with. I like how the charge is called CRIMINAL possession also...I get why..but it seems like the main reason this happened was a white collar issue (license exp.) and when people read CRIMINAL possession in the paper the picture in their head is probably not of a guy who forgot/couldn't renew a license but one of a "gangster" with a Glock tucked in his waistband and some Uzis in his trunk.

I've heard the word a lot but recently found out the meaning while watching a good WWII documentary and lately when I read these articles it keeps popping into my head more and more and I'm sure all the old timers and you older guys think it too...SNAFU. Every day it just seems like that acronym describes the gun world better and better unfortunately.

For no real crime being committed either, he didn't shot anyone, he didn't steal any of those pistols I am willing to bet, the only thing he did was not pay the government fee to pursue happiness. bunch a BS

He is ****ed.

He should prevent that traitor from enjoying that $500.

What are they gonna do? Lock him away longer? He is 66, he is going to die in prison anyway. Might as well be in prison for a real crime.

^This 110%!

This. At that age and knowing NY is going to **** you hard, you may as well just shoot first.
You just made a good case for the deterrence effect of the death penalty for people who shoot police in the line of duty.

Just sayin'.

As I said in another thread, what else protects the police from people who have "nothing left to lose" but their lives?

Then again, you may prefer to be dead than in prison, in which case the law would have an unintended consequence. :shrug:

That's why I'm on the fence on the issue.

The Supreme Court.

At least that was the plan.

images

Directed at the supreme court, not at your response.

What a SCREW JOB.

Weapons near a High School ? WTF.

Are they going to explode ? Drain down into the Water Supply ?

They're Steel, Wood, and Oil. Just like the hundreds of Cars and SUV's in that High School Parking lot.

And to be factual, the firearms don't contain hundreds of gallons of highly toxic and explosive gasoline.

I know he was a dope for letting his license expire, but how many of those "Illegal" firearms were most likely perfectly legal when he bought them ? And how many were legal until JANUARY 2013 ?

And are any STOLEN ? I bet NOT !!

Back
Top Bottom