Obama is "willing to bet"

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes and their point was that the Constitution is being infringed upon and civil rights were being held back by an unconstitutional Supreme Court decision that was made 11 years after the Civil War ended.

we've won two in a row at the Supreme court and there are a whole bunch more to follow

Why? Because it's a civil right and our judges, unlike you, understand "shall not be infringed"

I hope you are right...

you people still dont get it.....

im trying to help you understand...that you can not act the way you have in this thread...and have people take you seriously

that has been the entire purpose of every one of posts....

ive observed that "gun people" cant debate at all......everyone goes to the "what part of shall not be infringed....." or the "these are god given rights....."

and look where its gotten you........not very far......the anti gun crowd have heard all those before.....they arent going to change thier minds just because you say them again, or start yelling at them....

there are hundreds of reasons supporting but you people are 'to tired' or 'stoped trying' or 'dont care enough' to use them

so you can continue to go ahead, waste your time and get mad at me if you want....im not the one you have to convince.

I think he's right - we should more fairly evaluate what Obama has actually done - and so far anyway he hasn't done anything to infringe on gun rights.

I think he's right - we should more fairly evaluate what Obama has actually done - and so far anyway he hasn't done anything to infringe on gun rights.
The real issue is that we need to start restoring our rights, not further infringing upon them but using "happy" words to do it...

No, sorry, Barry does not get a pass here. I read the article. I've read what he's said before. I've read what Holder has said. I've read what Hillary has said.

THEY, not I, need to fundamentally re-evaluate their position to even start a discussion and nothing said here does that.

So far, they are just trying to find words to appease the fudds and sheep and use incrementalism to achieve their agenda. This approach should should be met with with a brick wall...

Calsdad, Mcameron,

The "next" discussion we need to have WRT to firearms from our government is the one where they apologize for violating our civil rights and dial back the laws...

They don't understand that yet... So, they are still spouting the same old tired BS with different color lipstick.

Calsdad, Mcameron,

The "next" discussion we need to have WRT to firearms from our government is the one where they apologize for violating our civil rights and dial back the laws...

They don't understand that yet... So, they are still spouting the same old tired BS with different color lipstick.

The problem is that the vast majority of Americans feel gun restrictions are acceptable. Until that changes, nothing monumental will change.

we've won two in a row at the Supreme court and there are a whole bunch more to follow

Why? Because it's a civil right and our judges, unlike you, understand "shall not be infringed"

yup...and i bet that they just trotted into the court room....said, "this is in violation of the 2A!"......and trotted out......

hell, why even bother to hire lawyers if its just that simple.

I am so damned tired of this. I am so tired that every damn time some halfwit, mental defective goes on and commits such a grevious act, that I as a gun owner, have to somehow be willing to "see the light" and do some stupid thing for "the greater good."

Well, I'm sorry, but the greater good isn't doing me any favors if it involves disarmament in any fashion. I don't know why it has to be me, when I committed no crime, I've never intended to commit a crime and only want to have the chance, the chance, not the guarantee, to be able to defend myself, should the unthinkable happen at home or when I'm out and about.

I'm 34. I've lived in MA all my life and grew up in Boston - because of what I think and because of the fact that I choose to keep firearms for little else than protection, I'm labeled paranoid or on my facebook page, debating with a moron, heartless, because I don't see things like Tucson, Columbine or VA Tech as a reason to embrace gun control. I'm not heartless, I'm practical - if nothing else, AZ motivated me to become MORE active in my own self-defense, which is why this time, I am really pushing for the right to carry in my renewal process.

I read a synopsis of a book, "Constiutional Right and Social Responsibility to Carry a Gun - the Author, Robert Boatman said something I really wish the antis would take to heart "A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security is little better than the criminal who threatens it." Now, I know, Martha No Self Help Coakley would disagree, but where the hell is anyones' sense of community? Where is the committment to ensuring that your neighbor is safe? If it "Takes a Village" to raise a child, shouldn't that village be able to do everything in its power to ensure that child has a damned chance?

Sorry. I realize I'm rambling. But I get so irritated when i read these half-baked editorials- be they from Obama or Joan Vennochi, its always a one sided attack designed to pull on the frayed heartstrings of morons and guilt trip the rest of us into compliance.

Sorry. I realize I'm rambling. But I get so irritated when i read these half-baked editorials- be they from Obama or Joan Vennochi, its always a one sided attack designed to pull on the frayed heartstrings of morons and guilt trip the rest of us into compliance.
You forgot apologist posters on NES... [wink]

The problem is that the vast majority of Americans feel gun restrictions are acceptable. Until that changes, nothing monumental will change.

And that won't change by playing nice with the other side.

The other side sends union thugs to beat up their opposition, occupies state houses, uses the schools and media to spread their propaganda. So effectively that I've seen it repeated in this thread.

That's what we are up against...

How much "more fair" can we be? We watch the news, read the articles, and pay our damned taxes no matter now high they go. I see what he's done, and what he's said, and so far it's all a crock. How many chances should we give to a lying piece of crap?

We should moderate our passion to preserve a god given and natural right? What about speech? Should we moderate our passion for that right too? What about exercise of religion? Is that one "negotiable"?

BTW who is "you people"? You obviously don't count yourself in with those that feel so passionately about a natural freedom that they will not tolerate so much as conversation about abridging it. No sir, people like that have what is called conviction. You do not.

you people still dont get it.....

im trying to help you understand...that you can not act the way you have in this thread...and have people take you seriously

that has been the entire purpose of every one of posts....

ive observed that "gun people" cant debate at all......everyone goes to the "what part of shall not be infringed....." or the "these are god given rights....."

and look where its gotten you........not very far......the anti gun crowd have heard all those before.....they arent going to change thier minds just because you say them again, or start yelling at them....

there are hundreds of reasons supporting but you people are 'to tired' or 'stoped trying' or 'dont care enough' to use them

so you can continue to go ahead, waste your time and get mad at me if you want....im not the one you have to convince.

We should moderate our passion to preserve a god given and natural right? What about speech? Should we moderate our passion for that right too? What about exercise of religion? Is that one "negotiable" too.

BTW who is "you people"? You obviously don't count yourself in with those that feel so passionately about a natural freedom that they will not tolerate so much as conversation about abridging it. No sir, people like that have what is called conviction. You do not.

no no, please, twist the words i said, please, i dont mind......

tell me, how is calling someone an anti-gun buffoon going to change their opinion on the matter......?

With all due respect, why? All it's going to take is his support on a bill or series of bills that run counter to the 2A.

Beware the leader who feels the need to react for little else than to prove he's "doing something."

Originally Posted by calsdad

tell me, how is calling someone an anti-gun buffoon going to change their opinion on the matter......?
Tell me how being understanding and willing to compromise is going to get me a government that respects and protects my civil rights?

We've got nothing left to give. Particularly in this state we've lost 1A, 2A, 4A, and 5A already...

You cannot speak your mind without fear of repercussions. You cannot carry or own without permission. You must testify against yourself, allow search and forgo due process to own...

Really? What more can I bring to the table to give up in hopes of a civil discourse? Perhaps GPS trackers in my guns? Or on my ankle? They are spending my money studying one of those already... [thinking]

I don't think this is the case at all. I think the vast majority of americans either don't care or don't give a s**t about gun rights period. There is more indifference or apathy than there are pure antis. Antis have always been parasites more than they've ever had real grass-root support.

-Mike

I did not call anyone an anti-gun buffoon. You are making that point all by yourself. I said you had no conviction.

Why should I be in the position to defend my natural freedom to those that have no concept of such a thing? In your estimation should I also be thanking Obama for not restricting my right to attend Sunday Mass or blog about corrupt MA politics?

What exactly did I twist?

Mcameron, please do tell and educate us how we should articulate the preservation and restoration of the second amendment and our given right by our creater to live and self defense. Please do tell because all you are doing so far is telling us we are doing it the wrong way. BTW as far as name calling the liberal media and Democratic leaders have done an outstanding job at showing America how to insult and name-call anyone that opposes their views.

From what I've been reading, it almost seems as if gun sales are up and that more and more are interested in CCW.

I don't think this is the case at all. I think the vast majority of americans either don't care or don't give a s**t about gun rights period. There is more indifference or apathy than there are pure antis. Antis have always been parasites more than they've ever had real grass-root support.

-Mike

Mcameron: "no no, please, twist the words i said, please, i dont mind......

tell me, how is calling someone an anti-gun buffoon going to change their opinion on the matter......?"

Good grief! If your attitude is representative of just 1/10 of the American population we are all in deep trouble. Do you really own any firearms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom