Obama is "willing to bet"

Status
Not open for further replies.
YAOYT Only a party of one, but still... Am I glad that the "Ignore" feature exists.

Obama is a gun-grabber, and has surrounded himself with like-minded folks. His history says so, and he's not changed his underlying melody at all. This was yet another trial balloon.

"Pull!"

Mcameron must be

a) the dumbest person in the world
b) the most naive person in the world
c) a DU troll

If he takes Obama at his word

"And, in fact, my administration has not curtailed the rights of gun owners - it has expanded them, including allowing people to carry their guns in national parks and wildlife refuges."

Yes, Obama really wanted that. He was forced to sign that because it was part of another bill.

He should talk about how he restricted the M1 Gerands from Korea from being allowed back into the US.

"

He should talk about how he restricted the M1 Gerands from Korea from being allowed back into the US.

+1 , I was really looking forward to getting one of them, the prices on them are crazy, you just poured some salt on my closed wound.

+1 , I was really looking forward to getting one of them, the prices on them are crazy, you just poured some salt on my closed wound.

You can still get a very nice Service grade SA for I think 695.00, they are being sent with a new stock and the TE and Muzzle on these are well within tolerance, in fact some even have damn near new barrels. I picked up one of their Winchesters and am just in love with it, great shooter.

You can still get a very nice Service grade SA for I think 695.00, they are being sent with a new stock and the TE and Muzzle on these are well within tolerance, in fact some even have damn near new barrels. I picked up one of their Winchesters and am just in love with it, great shooter.

The ones from CMP?

.........did you bother to read the article.....or just see 'Obama' and 'gun control' and immediately form an opinion.

now im not a fan of Obama by any means......but at least hes making an attempt to be somewhat reasonable.....
First and foremost because some/many of the laws that are "already there" are violations of our civil liberties...

Somewhere Europe is missing one of their sheep... [sad2]

where exactly did that idea come from..........hrmmm?

you claim hes a gun grabbing monster......wheres your proof......surely he must have made that remark in a statement or something..............so other than your delusional paranoia......why do you think hes incapable of believing people have the right to own guns?

You're basing your understanding of this issue on one article. I know it's a lot to ask, but try doing a little research. For starters, Obama proved that he is a gun grabber on a Chicago radio show in 2004 when he plainly said that he supports a federal ban on concealed carry laws. He is also on the record as supporting the DC handgun ban. Anything he says now in support of 2nd Amendment rights is obvious pandering, and if you buy it you're naive and foolish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-4jqZSEo0Q

Last edited:
No need for mind reading. One need only look to his voting record and public statements while in the Illinois state senate. That is all any voter ever needed to look at before they pulled the lever for this disgrace of a man.

unfortunatelly.....i dont know what he is thinking.....my jedi mind powers must not be up to your level yet...........so his word is all i have to go on.

Coming from a "President" who wants proof of health insurance but not proof of citizenship can pound sand! He also has the cojones to reference Jared Loughner "A man our Army rejected as unfit for service;..." to support his gun control agenda but tell America not to jump to conclusions about Army Major Nidal Hissan being a muslim terrorist yelling allahu akbar and killing Americans.

Guns and commonsense are following safety rules.

Coming from a "President" who wants proof of health insurance but not proof of citizenship can pound sand! He also has the cojones to reference Jared Loughner "A man our Army rejected as unfit for service;..." to support his gun control agenda but tell America not to jump to conclusions about Army Major Nidal Hissan being a muslim terrorist yelling allahu akbar and killing Americans.

Guns and commonsense are following safety rules.
As this thread demonstrates, as much as you have to worry about a gun grabbing president, you need to worry as much, if not more about your neighbors and their desire to trade liberty for false security.

So, to play devil's advocate:

Felons, illegal aliens, those dishonorably discharged from the military, unlawful users of controlled substances, et cetera, are already prohibited persons (I'm intentionally leaving out the Lautenberg stuff, as that deserves it's own separate discussion).

Leaving other related issues aside, is it reasonable for the federally 'prohibited persons' to be prohibited from possessing firearms?

And, if so, who would support reducing the patchwork sh!tshow of gun laws between the states to center just on possession by prohibited persons? Say, for argument's sake, overhauling the NICS, no delays, a solid proceed, or a solid denial, tie going to the runner, with no further bureaucratic involvement. Felons or other criminals using or possessing firearms in the commission of a crime, mandatory minimum sentences. Anyone convicted of such a crime and sentenced to less than the minimum, the sentencing judge serves the difference personally.

(Personally, I think unicorns will shit rainbows before I'd trust politicians to make it happen - but whatever. Makes for good discussion.)

No.

Is it reasonable for FPPs to be prohibited from possessing cars, fertilizer, dry ice, model rockets, machetes, computers, internet access, cell phones, library cards, mace, baling twine and twinkies?

If not, then why would it be more reasonable for them to prohibited from possessing one of the few items where ownership is explicitly defined as a constitutional right by an amendment?

As this thread demonstrates, as much as you have to worry about a gun grabbing president, you need to worry as much, if not more about your neighbors and their desire to trade liberty for false security.

Mcameron, I think he is talking about you...

for Mcameron
http://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/...un_control.htm
and in case you have a hard time with the written word maybe a video will help
http://www.youtube.com/results?q=obama+on+gun+control

Is that enough of us doing your research for you?

You're basing your understanding of this issue on one article. I know it's a lot to ask, but try doing a little research. For starters, Obama proved that he is a gun grabber on a Chicago radio show in 2004 when he plainly said that he supports a federal ban on concealed carry laws. He is also on the record as supporting the DC handgun ban. Anything he says now in support of 2nd Amendment rights is obvious pandering, and if you buy it you're naive and foolish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-4jqZSEo0Q

you see, i knew some of you could do it....

....now stop with all the 12 year old name calling ( we are all adults afterall, start acting like it) and you might actually get good at this debating thing.

you people need to realize that by harrasing people, calling names, and posting stupid pictures have never changed anyones opinion on anything....ever....thats just going to make people hate you and listen to you even less

you need to express a convincing arguement in a level headed manor.

if you people cant even pose a convining arguement to me....how the hell do you expect to convince people who actually think obama is in the right and actually agree with what he says.

if you people cant even pose a convining arguement to me....how the hell do you expect to convince people who actually think obama is in the right and actually agree with what he says.

Personally, I am over trying to convince people of anything. I stopped taking people at their word and do my own research, if you don't, than your blind ignorance is your fault.

Personally, I am over trying to convince people of anything. I stopped taking people at their word and do my own research, if you don't, than your blind ignorance is your fault.

and yet you complain when anti-gun legislation gets passed.....

i posted asking for examples on how Obama was anti-gun.......and rather than actually supply examples....you people went on a several page rant claiming i am a know nothing sheepish fool.........

you claim obama is anti gun....well sorry to tell you, the burden isnt on my to prove your statement.........if i come out and say that flying unicorns exist.......i cant tell you to prove to me that they dont......i need to proove to you that they do...

....this is the same way......

it wasnt until what....5 pages later that someone finally grew up and actually posted proof.

anti-gun people arent going to take the time to research firearms and firearm laws to find out if that are safe......im sorry, but thats something that needs to be proven to them.

if i come out and say that flying unicorns exist.......i cant tell you to prove to me that they dont......i need to proove to you that they do...

If I cared enough to ponder whether what you are saying is true, I would do my own research and learn it for myself. That's what adults do.

If I cared enough to ponder whether what you are saying is true, I would do my own research and learn it for myself. That's what adults do.

Not to mention, it really depends on what you're claiming, and what is common knowledge. Common knowledge indicates that a) Obama is anti-liberty, b) flying unicorns do not exist (except for the Mobil logo) and c) the world is NOT flat. Claiming any one of those does not really require references. Claims to the contrary do, since they fly in the face of accepted fact.

Obama is prepping for the time when Rep. Giffords has recovered enough to be the new face of the anti-gun movement.

She supported 2A rights before her shooting, but if she can be 'turned' through manipulation or through her reaction to her own incident, then she will be used by the antis to 'breathe new life' into the Brady Campaign.

She will become the new Jim Brady and will be trotted out for maximum exploitation.

Perhaps she'll even testify before Congress from a wheelchair, with slurred speech and pleading for tougher 'common sense' restrictions.

WE need to be ready for this, to respond fully!

I really hope it is the opposite.

do you honestly think anti-gun people, or even people who are on the fence are going to do their own firearms research.....?

i sure as hell dont.

Okay, I read the article. Problem is his definition of reasonable will not be mine. Think back to "reasonable" healthcare reform, what came out was not reasonable.

When you take a person who wants to break into your house, steal everthing you own, rape your wife - and then load the stuff in your car and drive off in it - and they decide to only steal your TV and your car - they justify it by telling themselves they were being "reasonable".

"Reasonable" works on a sliding scale depending on how big the a-hole is the words are emanating from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom