OC article- Front page Hartford Courant- with poll

Should Connecticut continue to allow people to carry permitted handguns openly?

Yes. We allow people to own guns after going through a screening process, so why not let them have their holstered guns in plain sight? (1112 responses)

67.9%

No. When a private citizen walks into a public place with a handgun visible for all to see, it can create a sense of fear or intimidation -- or something worse. (488 responses)

29.8%

Not sure (38 responses)

2.3%

1638 total responses

Voted

The facts stated in the news story about the lead up to the arrest don't mesh with past info I've read. Something is not right here. Anyway I wouldn't consider Glastonbury an OC friendly town.

"You want to walk in, have an open carry, but if people get upset by the manner in which you act and comport and carry yourself, you run the risk of being arrested for it," Sweeney said in the deposition. "I think there are issues when you're inside buildings where you're running a risk of a reaction of other individuals, I think that's problematic, and you may scare people, frighten people, cause alarm."

you can be arrested for doing something completely legal......interesting.

And who is to say the person calling the police isn't prone to becoming easily alarmed. I can imagine there are people out there that get alarmed at the sight of a spent round.

Poll: Should Connecticut Allow Open Carrying Of Guns?

Yes. We allow people to own guns after going through a screening process, so why not let them have their holstered guns in plain sight? (2370 responses)

77%

No. When a private citizen walks into a public place with a handgun visible for all to see, it can create a sense of fear or intimidation -- or something worse. (644 responses)

21%

Not sure (59 responses)

2%

3073 total responses

(Results not scientific)

UPDATE:

Yes. We allow people to own guns after going through a screening process, so why not let them have their holstered guns in plain sight? (2814 responses)

78%

No. When a private citizen walks into a public place with a handgun visible for all to see, it can create a sense of fear or intimidation -- or something worse. (719 responses)

20%

Not sure (66 responses)

2%

3599 total responses

(Results not scientific)

I voted yes. I wouldn't open carry, but I think it's about time that we recognize there's nothing illegal about it. People who are afraid of seeing a firearm in the hands of a law abiding citizen are being unreasonable, and it's time we stop catering towards them.

Back
Top Bottom