Oklahoma man shoots woman trying to steal Nazi flag from his home, authorities say

NES isnt your private property NOR do you have a "RIGHT" to have an acct on the forum

EVERYONE'S access to this private forum is due to the kindness of Derek

That you're seemingly incapable of making the distinction between this forum being someone elses private property and you're own apartment/basement/home is profound

Go back to trolling on whatever leftist forum you came from

You're not seeing this. I'm past it, but others aren't. I'll try to reframe it for you, though I'm sure you'll just call me a Marxist because that's what you tend to do when backed into a corner by people who are only trying to point out that you're not infallible.

Derek can boot any of us off here if he doesn't like what we say, anytime he feels like it. Right?

That's because 1A doesn't limit him.

The government cannot just boot us into jail if they don't like what we say, anytime they feel like it. Right?

That's because 1A DOES limit them.

I'm not sure I can make it any more plain than that. People can get away with things the government can't, because the BoR limits the government and not the rest of us. That's why one partygoer trying to grab a Nazi flag has nothing to do with 1A, but if that same partygoer had a badge and came back the next day to try to do the same thing under color of authority, it would have EVERYTHING to do with 1A.

You're not seeing this. I'm past it, but others aren't. I'll try to reframe it for you, though I'm sure you'll just call me a Marxist because that's what you tend to do when backed into a corner by people who are only trying to point out that you're not infallible.

Derek can boot any of us off here if he doesn't like what we say, anytime he feels like it. Right?

That's because 1A doesn't limit him.

The government cannot just boot us into jail if they don't like what we say, anytime they feel like it. Right?

That's because 1A DOES limit them.

I'm not sure I can make it any more plain than that. People can get away with things the government can't, because the BoR limits the government and not the rest of us. That's why one partygoer trying to grab a Nazi flag has nothing to do with 1A, but if that same partygoer had a badge and came back the next day to try to do the same thing under color of authority, it would have EVERYTHING to do with 1A.

If it walks like a marxist and squawks like a marxist it usually IS a marxist.......

This forum is Derek's property.......he grants us the PRIVILEGE of posting here so long as we abide by the rules he sets forth....we have no RIGHT to 1A on his PROPERTY

On your OWN property you flying some flag in protest or putting up a sign for/against something is "Protected 1A Speech"

WRT "Protected 1A Speech" and how it extends beyond text in 1A.......Courts have already ruled on this......you can thank 100 years of marxist/progressive/expansive justices "Incorporating" and the BoR.....except mostly for the 2A

ie.....its an INDIVIDUAL RIGHT.......put the clutch in and put the brain in gear.......

Whats the difference between government stealing your private property and some shitbag stealing your private property.........nothing meaningful because in each case your right to private property has been violated

Now slowly let the clutch out so as to not stall the brain.....and apply same to 1A/Protected Free Speech

If it walks like a marxist and squawks like a marxist it usually IS a marxist.......

This forum is Derek's property.......he grants us the PRIVILEGE of posting here so long as we abide by the rules he sets forth....we have no RIGHT to 1A on his PROPERTY

On your OWN property you flying some flag in protest or putting up a sign for/against something is "Protected 1A Speech"

WRT "Protected 1A Speech" and how it extends beyond text in 1A.......Courts have already ruled on this......you can thank 100 years of marxist/progressive/expansive justices "Incorporating" and the BoR.....except mostly for the 2A

ie.....its an INDIVIDUAL RIGHT.......put the clutch in and put the brain in gear.......

Whats the difference between government stealing your private property and some shitbag stealing your private property.........nothing meaningful because in each case your right to private property has been violated

Now slowly let the clutch out so as to not stall the brain.....and apply same to 1A/Protected Free Speech

Wow.

Whats "Wow" is the fact that so many people are incapable of grasping the differences between Rights and Privileges........thats really the foundation for the rest of the discussion

The fact that so very many people are grasping at posting something on NES as an example/trying to conflate it with protected free speech by an individual on their own private property is a perfect example..........

NES isnt your private property NOR do you have a "RIGHT" to have an acct on the forum

EVERYONE'S access to this private forum is due to the kindness of Derek

That you're seemingly incapable of making the distinction between this forum being someone elses private property and you're own apartment/basement/home is profound
You are conflating property rights with rights to free expression. One does not require the other. You are also conflating whose behavior the Bill of Rights limits, despite the fact that the first five words are "Congress shall make no law".

This is correct.

You are conflating property rights with rights to free expression. One does not require the other. You are also conflating whose behavior the Bill of Rights limits, despite the fact that the first five words are "Congress shall make no law".

This is correct.

RIGHTS are individual

Doesnt matter if its private property, rkba or protected 1A speech

Futhermore you've failed completely and utterly to observe previous statements that whats in the TEXT of any of the BOR appear to no longer matter post "Incorporation" of individual ammendments.......

The current reality is that whatever SCOTUS says it means is what it means.......if you dont like it then stop voting for progressives from each/both parties

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB52NEPJxUs

1275937249093s.jpg

RIGHTS are individual
Nobody is arguing against that.

The current reality is that whatever SCOTUS says it means is what it means.......if you dont like it then stop voting for progressives from each/both parties
Find me a SCOTUS case or decision where one person sued another person for violating an enumerated right in the BoR and I'll change my mind.

Nobody is arguing against that.

Find me a SCOTUS case or decision where one person sued another person for violating an enumerated right in the BoR and I'll change my mind.

ROFL

If as you agree....that rights are individual......then it doesnt matter WHO or WHAT is doing the violation of said individual rights......only that the right has been violated

You're entire infantile attempt to distinguish between Government infringing and private citizen NOT infringing is assinine

Infringed = Infringed no matter who does the infringing

I already provided you with a case that confirmed that its an individual right and its protected speed

Have a nice day.

@jpk so if someone broke into your house and stole your guns would you say they violated your 2A, or would you just say they're a thief?

If SCOTUS had treated 2A the same as 1A then yes

But 2A has been the ugly red headed step child for over 100 yrs wrt the courts and incorporation

You're entire infantile attempt to distinguish between Government infringing and private citizen NOT infringing is assinine

Infringed = Infringed no matter who does the infringing

This is what you're not getting.

It's not some NESer that's making the distinction between a 1A infringement by the government vs a private citizen. The Constitution itself makes that distinction. I'm amazed you don't get that; it's why I tried to nail down your position in this thread last week. I was as incredulous then as I am now.

It's not us you're arguing with. It's the black-letter law of the Bill of Rights you're arguing with. You're that wrong.

The fact that you'll never admit that is a little sad, frankly, but it's how you're wired. I'm not surprised.

This is what you're not getting.

It's not some NESer that's making the distinction between a 1A infringement by the government vs a private citizen. The Constitution itself makes that distinction. I'm amazed you don't get that; it's why I tried to nail down your position in this thread last week. I was as incredulous then as I am now.

It's not us you're arguing with. It's the black-letter law of the Bill of Rights you're arguing with. You're that wrong.

The fact that you'll never admit that is a little sad, frankly, but it's how you're wired. I'm not surprised.

I've already pointed out that the constitution has already been jettisoned by the federal government.......I'd love to see you make the argument that it HASNT and that we're NOT ALREADY living in a post constitutional mess......

The court has been "incorporating" various aspects of the constutution for longer that either of us have been alive

The "Law" and "Constitution" as APPLIED is based on "Precident" of the courts and laws as written......and the constitution itself doesnt mean shit to gov and its agents

In this case the supreme court has ruled that there is such thing as "Protected Free Speech" and that its an individual right

As an individual right it matters not WHO of WHAT entity is violating that individuals "Right",.....only that its being VIOLATED

If you want to get back to a country that follows the constitution AS WRITTEN then change your voting habits and get the f*** out of Mass where your vote doesnt count for shit

If as you agree....that rights are individual......then it doesnt matter WHO or WHAT is doing the violation of said individual rights......only that the right has been violated
Maybe we are talking about different things. I am talking about individual rights, which is the opposite of group (or collective) rights.. do you mean natural rights?

Ignoring the fact that you can't seem to go one post with insulting me, but: if you're going to call my argument infantile, I'll point out that you mean your and not you're. Also, there is only one 's' in asinine. At least that's what they taught me in my Marxist Basketweaving class at Dartmouth...

I already provided you with a case that confirmed that its an individual right and its protected speed
The only case I can remember being talked about is Texas v Johnson, which was an individual whose right was violated by the state of Texas and not by some private individual.

Don't go onto other people's property and steal their stuff.
Plain and simple.

I agree with other areas in this country where it is known that if you enter property that ain't your own.
You better hope the land owner is in a good mood and allows you to leave with your life.

And trust me when I say they won't bring the government into the situation.
They'll let the hogs finish you off.
It really is that simple. MYOB

Maybe we are talking about different things. I am talking about individual rights, which is the opposite of group (or collective) rights.. do you mean natural rights?

Ignoring the fact that you can't seem to go one post with insulting me, but: if you're going to call my argument infantile, I'll point out that you mean your and not you're. Also, there is only one 's' in asinine. At least that's what they taught me in my Marxist Basketweaving class at Dartmouth...

The only case I can remember being talked about is Texas v Johnson, which was an individual whose right was violated by the state of Texas and not by some private individual.

This is the typical path of discussion between you and pretty much everyone on NES

Someone lays out an airtight case/point/argument

You take issue and totally ignore everything in public record and whats been posted repeatedly and go into a death spiral of repetitive retardedness

I'm done feeding the troll

Best of luck to you

This is the typical path of discussion between you and pretty much everyone on NES

You take issue and totally ignore everything in public record and whats been posted repeatedly and go into a death spiral of repetitive retardedness

I'm done feeding the troll

Best of luck to you
I'm not trolling anyone. You made a claim that I think (and many others think) is factually incorrect, and when asked to back it up, you just move the goalposts.

Whats "Wow" is the fact that so many people are incapable of grasping the differences between Rights and Privileges........thats really the foundation for the rest of the discussion

The fact that so very many people are grasping at posting something on NES as an example/trying to conflate it with protected free speech by an individual on their own private property is a perfect example..........
This ^^^^

[dance] My my my. How the winds have changed. [laugh]

Situational question for the crowd:

An associate and I are out in public (i.e. property neither of us explicitly owns, but on which we are welcome), having a heated discussion regarding which of this year’s presidential candidates sucks the least. I decide I no longer wish to hear my associate pontificate on the matter, and sucker-punch him in the side of the head, rendering him unconscious.

Have I:
a) committed battery
b) violated his inherent right to free speech as enumerated in the First Amendment to the Constitution
c) both
d) neither

Situational question for the crowd:

An associate and I are out in public (i.e. property neither of us explicitly owns, but on which we are welcome), having a heated discussion regarding which of this year’s presidential candidates sucks the least. I decide I no longer wish to hear my associate pontificate on the matter, and sucker-punch him in the side of the head, rendering him unconscious.

Have I:
a) committed battery
b) violated his inherent right to free speech as enumerated in the First Amendment to the Constitution
c) both
d) neither

Exactly.

Back
Top Bottom