One dead, one critically injured in shooting outside San Diego mall

You make the false assumption that everyone would carry a gun if it was as easy as just buying one at CVS and carrying it.

Having good concealed carry laws marginally increases the chances that a passerby will be able to help. 100 different things factor in and it is pretty unlikely that even with constitutional carry most of the mass shootings we have seen would have been stopped. Maybe some would have, but the fact of the matter is there are more reasons than just the paperwork that many people don't carry guns. Those that do carry guns are probably more often than not not very proficient with them.

Mike

I didn't notice such an assumption in the OP.

I assume the assumption you talk about was contrived in your own head.

If she had time to call she would have had time to draw a gun.
Whenever something happens the NES rallying cry is "well if a good guy had a gun" like that is some sort of magic answer. It aint. I carry a gun, and obviously think more people should. I also think gun free zones are one of the worst policy decisions with regard to public safety... but it is so far from an absolute...

Mike

First - can we please stop titling threads as if we're CNN?

Second, it absolutely assumes that if she could carry a gun, she would. Almost anyone in MA can get a permit, but most don't. I don't want to go off on a long digression, but every single person I know who has applied has gotten a permit. Most people don't bother. This tells you a lot.

Finally, the reality is that if someone gets the drop on you and wants to kill you, you're probably going to die. This isn't an absolute, but it's pretty close. (I exclude all NES'rs, because we are all operators who can disarm a bad guy with our mind.)

Meanwhile in Chicago....

I'm sick of these kinds of threads. Are we gonna start threads for every crime committed by an inanimate object?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Second, it absolutely assumes that if she could carry a gun, she would. Almost anyone in MA can get a permit, but most don't. I don't want to go off on a long digression, but every single person I know who has applied has gotten a permit. Most people don't bother. This tells you a lot.

The other "shocking" thing to some here is, even those who get and HAVE an unrestricted LTC-A, aren't usually carrying a gun. Out of the 250,000 or whatever the number is, I would bet that only a small portion of that number carry a gun on daily, weekly, or even monthly basis. The license is more of an "I need this to own guns" card to many than an "I need this to carry a gun" card like it is to a lot of us here.

-Mike

My point is that she knew they were in trouble and had time to dial and speak with 911, that would have plenty of time to fish a gun out of purse, glove box or belt.

I have a phone and gun on me, given the opportunity and choice the gun comes out first.

And for me there is a reason I go to my clubs idpa matches and use my iwb holster and walther pps, because it is what i carry.

LOL @ one of the comments:
Fact; In San Diego if you're in a dangerous situation it is more practical to order a Dominos Pizza than call the police, the pizza will get there first and the driver will most likely be armed,

the police will call you with a case number and let you know that an officer will be by shortly to take your report. But hey, you'll be able to offer the cop some pizza.

That was the mall that my wife and I always shopped at. That's generally a pretty safe area that its in. There's a police precinct just up the road and that area is pretty heavily patrolled.

Cut me some slack, I was at work and just copied the title from online.

Fine, but you should know at this point that 'DEAD...SHOOTING...MALL...' is absolutely going to get everyone here thinking 'guy with an AR rampages through mall on Christmas Eve' when the majority of the time it's 'idiot getting robbed in the parking lot does something stupid and gets shot over their wallet.'

Fine, but you should know at this point that 'DEAD...SHOOTING...MALL...' is absolutely going to get everyone here thinking 'guy with an AR rampages through mall on Christmas Eve' when the majority of the time it's 'idiot getting robbed in the parking lot does something stupid and gets shot over their wallet.'

Unless they actually read the article...

I'm a fan of keeping the title of the article and the title of the thread the same.. then we don't have 10 dupes of the same shit.

IMO coming up with your own title so that the sheep of NES don't jump to conclusions seems silly. All of us here know the MSM likes to exaggerate.

for my money this is a revenge shooting. New BF came to pick up GF when she got out of work at mall. Old BF shows up and caps the two of them

My point is that she knew they were in trouble and had time to dial and speak with 911, that would have plenty of time to fish a gun out of purse, glove box or belt.

I have a phone and gun on me, given the opportunity and choice the gun comes out first.

And for me there is a reason I go to my clubs idpa matches and use my iwb holster and walther pps, because it is what i carry.

You are overwhelmingly the exception.

As was mentioned, if you're the intended target for getting smoked, and they have the drop on you, you are still likely done-ski. Fact of life.

Mike

You are overwhelmingly the exception.

As was mentioned, if you're the intended target for getting smoked, and they have the drop on you, you are still likely done-ski. Fact of life.

Mike

You keep on missing the point. We are talking about this incident. She had time to call 911 so she would have had time to pull a gun. No one but you has brought up anyone being jumped and then defending themselves.

It is possible she called after enduring a ballistically induced subcutaneous aperture.

Back
Top Bottom