One way to do it...

EddieCoyle

Consigliere
NES Member
I'm on the road in Wisconsin today and I had an afternoon to kill. On the way to a client this AM, I passed by a Cabelas that is roughly the size of Rhode Island.

I stopped in there on the way back and bought $150 worth of bullets (components, not loaded ammo). I found some cool solid copper bullets for the .500 and .460, as well as a really good deal on a couple of hundred nasty .50 Cal 385gr Remmy CoreLokt HP's.

The girl at the counter gave me directions to the nearest post office where I put it all in a flat-rate box and mailed it to myself.

The stuff will be waiting for me when I get home. I intend to put all of this downrange at the Pumpkin Shoot.

What is the purpose of a solid copper bullet? Low-budget werewolves?

Featuring Barnes’ patented X-Bullet™ technology, all-copper XPB™ bullets offer dramatically increased penetration over conventional jacketed lead-core bullets. These lead-free bullets provide superior expansion and weight retention. Energy transfer is unsurpassed, making them ideal for hunting or self-defense. Barnes’ XPB bullets are also exceptionally accurate.

They're also light for their size and can be driven to very high velocities (>2000 fps in the .500 and north of 2300 in the .460).

Why? Because I can.

Back
Top Bottom