• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Only enough $ for one gun.

I’m sorry I lost in this thread at this point but you are correct you buy a gun you put some rounds through it till it functions properly and you’re good to go I guess for a newbie you’re right they might just say “oh that’s cheap” and wind up with a Taurus.

Another example is I have a S&W sigma around here somewhere that I won at a raffle… to me, that’s a piece of shit. It’s just not my cup of tea, but it’s totally functional. New I think they are 3-350$.
They don’t call the sigma anymore. It’s called something else.

But something like that paired with a shotgun..
I don’t know what to suggest off the top of my head but for example, my Remington 20 gauge that I got when I was 11 years old isn’t a piece of shit and I think it only cost $200 and we got one used for I don’t know 30-40 bucks cheaper..

I’m sure they’re more expensive than that now but everyone actually need a 12 gauge. I’m pretty sure a 20 gauge work just perfectly. It’s lightweight very small easy to handle and maneuver.

It’s not a macho contest. An inexpensive pistol, and an inexpensive 20 gauge would be perfect for home defense but you are correct somebody who’s never bought a gun before wouldn’t know these things.
You can still pick up maverick 88s pretty cheap i think and most turkish shottys aren't bad

I grabbed an ata benelli (i wanted a stoeger) knock off that's really nice for like 450 so cheap shottys are Def still around

I just have like ptsd from that shitty cz lo
My buddies who have been shooting since they were kids ragged on me for months until they shot 1 round each and they both were like ok no your correct lol

Sigs are not unreliable. Some of their SA/DA’s are quite honestly some of the finest quality I’ve ever seen.

Every Sig I've ever seen has failed. I've sent 453 Sig's back for repair. I'm done with them. Will never buy a Sig Sour again.

Get a hi point. That's quality. Built like a tank. Great first gun.

Every Sig I've ever seen has failed. I've sent 453 Sig's back for repair. I'm done with them. Will never buy a Sig Sour again.

I’ve had three Sig’s, a 229 and two 220’s. All ran flawlessly. I ended up selling the 229 when I bought my G17 and upgraded from a base 220 to a Scorpion 220. I regret selling the 229, but it was chunky compared to my G19. I still have my Scorpion 220.

I’ve had three Sig’s, a 229 and two 220’s. All ran flawlessly. I ended up selling the 229 when I bought my G17 and upgraded from a base 220 to a Scorpion 220. I regret selling the 229, but it was chunky compared to my G19. I still have my Scorpion 220.
All of my Sig 220 series have had leaks.

Judge not, lest ye be judged.
We really don't know what has been going on in the OP's life, so that is not fair. We are lucky that life has not forced us to make decisions that are hard to swallow. Because I will tell you, for sure, I would sell every gun and every round of ammo, if I had to, for any of my kids. And you would too.
I thank God that I am not faced with those choices

That is because none of them have fired more than a magazine of ammo through them. I fired a P89 once and honestly thought there was something wrong with it. I let the guy who owned it fire my Sig 226 with a short reset trigger and he got rid of the Ruger and bought an old Sig ( 229)
Poor bastid really thought he was just an awful shooter. He wasn't. It was just the Ruger was so horrrrible that he couldn't hit anything with it. Absolute hot garbage.
Thanks, brother. Yes, I was looking to get something years ago, then my wife got sick and other things took priority. Or as others say, I was a pussy. Regardless, I've gotten some good info from here. Leaning towards the 365xl ($599 is within my budget). But taking a harder look at the Caniks as well. Don't know much about them, but hearing good things.

Thanks, brother. Yes, I was looking to get something years ago, then my wife got sick and other things took priority. Or as others say, I was a pussy. Regardless, I've gotten some good info from here. Leaning towards the 365xl ($599 is within my budget). But taking a harder look at the Caniks as well. Don't know much about them, but hearing good things.
Get the macro comp... shoots better

Comp = compensated 35% less recoil

Whatever one you buy grip tape is a must on them. Sig sides are very slick

Macro shoots well enough to be a bed side gun and doesn't have a stupid proprirtary rail so you can just get a sub 7a

Still a pussy

One and only one?!The honda civic of hand guns! Save more and buy another one . 2 g19's gen3 bunch of mags and ammo and life is good and secure, And move on from there. Perhaps a beretta 1301, then maybe something with 223 wylde barrel for the 100 yarder. and then maybe a little something that shoots 762x39 for a little more thump an AK perhaps? Then maybe get a little fancy like a Walther Pdp for another hand gun . And then you're covered! Wait the 1301 is a semi auto and it could fail, add a mossberg 590a1 too! You may want more range and thump as well so like maybe a little something that fits an M5 lower! 762x51 or 308 semi, I'd grab one rifle thats bolt action as well just in case. Then I'd probably grab a Glock 21 for added home security just in case the dudes scrappy and your shotgun is out of reach. At this point you should be good. Then and only then would I grab a Sig p365xl. and move on from there. maybe a MPX ;) Buy One, at a time.

Last edited:
One and only one?!The honda civic of hand guns! Save more and buy another one . 2 g19's gen3 bunch of mags and ammo and life is good and secure, And move on from there. Perhaps a beretta 1301, then maybe something with 223 wylde barrel for the 100 yarder. and then maybe a little something that shoots 762x39 for a little more thump an AK perhaps? Then maybe get a little fancy like a Walther Pdp for another hand gun . And then you're covered! Wait the 1301 is a semi auto and it could fail, add a mossberg 590a1 too! You may want more range and thump as well so like maybe a little something that fits an M5 lower! 762x51 or 308 semi, I'd grab one rifle thats bolt action as well just in case. Then I'd probably grab a Glock 21 for added home security just in case the dudes scrappy and your shotgun is out of reach. At this point you should be good. Then and only then would I grab a Sig p365xl. and move on from there. maybe a MPX ;) Buy One, at a time.
What about 10mm?

Sigs and glocks are outdated and unreliable. Get yourself either an HK or a Walther. The hipoint yeet cannon is good too.
If that’s not sarcasm, it’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard that’s like saying the 1911 is outdated.

i’m gonna go reread this thing from the beginning just for entertainment. Decent body armor starts at $400. not that you’re gonna need it for home defense, you won’t have time…

Although it only takes about 30 seconds to put on

Sorry I missed it. It was sarcasm. I’ve gotten some bad sigs but for the most part it’s the way to go.

As long as it comes in rainbow with some gold trim

Sorry I missed it. It was sarcasm. I’ve gotten some bad sigs but for the most part it’s the way to go.

As long as it comes in rainbow with some gold trim

I’m pretty happy with the 365xl. My only serious gripe is that the nitride finish doesn’t seem very good.

Will probably grab a p226 someday. Add it to the list.

600 will get ya a new 9mm pistol, few mags, some ammo and nothing else. Not even a cleaning kit.
If u buy used gun, seller may even give u a few free things.nothing wrong with used gun.

I’m pretty happy with the 365xl. My only serious gripe is that the nitride finish doesn’t seem very good.

Will probably grab a p226 someday. Add it to the list.
Man lol... the sig finish is exponentially better than the hellcat

I've had my macro for 8 months basically looks brand new

My hellcat looked beat to piss after about 3 months of being carried and very little use

Nitron finish holds up fine on my sigs

And im in hotter climates then you guys

600 will get ya a new 9mm pistol, few mags, some ammo and nothing else. Not even a cleaning kit.
If u buy used gun, seller may even give u a few free things.nothing wrong with used gun.
Some of the turkish guns have that

A canik mete has all that and can be got for around 450

So get some ammo g2g

Back
Top Bottom