• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Open Invitation for lead mining

I have a pile of mixed lead/gravel at the end of my driveway. Approx 18 cubic yards.

I can't possibly pick out all of the lead from the gravel myself.

I am extending an open invitation for any NES'er to come to my place, use my equipment, my electricity, etc, and have at it.

I have been averaging 200 pounds of lead bullets from the sorting process, in about a 6 hour shift (with plenty of time for breaks, lunch, etc.)

Most of this stuff is older cast bullets, so while there are some jackets to skim off, you'll get nearly 180+ pounds of yield (ingots) per day of effort.

OK, I know it's a ride for most of you. But, if you're looking for some lead to do some casting, you're welcome to come and have at it.

PM me for any details you want, or to request any specific dates, etc. The system is set up to really handle two people at a time. Bring your own buckets!

Anyone can come and work the pile. No strings attached.

Of course, if anyone wants to leave some of their lead behind (as a token of appreciation) I would not mind.

Otherwise, you can work the pile at your leisure, and enjoy the lead.

A certain gun club was advised that they needed to upgrade their shooting berms to meet safety standards. They dug out all of the berms with LARGE machines, and then used a commercial rock sorting machine to extract the 1" and smaller stuff (minus most of the sand), and put that in a huge pile, smack dab in the middle of their competition pistol range. They have a BIG shoot coming up in a few weeks. Big problem.

Long story short, it was going to cost them as much as the lead was worth to remove the lead from the sand/gravel (commercial reclamation company). And, they needed it gone. So, for the tidy sum of $1, I was allowed to remove it from the property, and here it is, at the end of my driveway.

The club estimate is 19,000 pounds of lead. I think that estimate is low.

After factoring in the 2 hour ride, $100 in Fuel, and a day digging, I will pass. Nice offer though.

Can you bring a truckload down my way?[wink]

Back
Top Bottom