P99, VM2, nice belt - finally a nice carry setup

I have a Seecamp for summer carry but felt I could pack a 9mm pretty easily during cold weather. Several months ago I became enamored of the fine Walther P99 pistol, and decided I would carry a P99 compact during colder weather. I ordered a Milt Sparks VersaMax 2 IWB holster way back in October 2005, before I even owned a P99C. I found a good deal on a full size P99 from Forum member Frosty (great transaction), and I love the gun.

A few weeks ago I ordered a couple "real" gun belts from beltman.net. Well, the belts got her last week with a nice little hand-written note, and they are simply awesome. Even when not carrying, it feels great to be wearing such a high-quality, substantial belt. Mine are 1-1/4" wide.

Finally, today, the holster arrived. I still don't own a P99C, but decided to try my full size P99 in the VM2. It fits perfectly, which makes me wonder how a P99 compact will fit...we'll eventually find out. Also, one of the two snap buttons on the belt loops is very tight and hard to get on with the holster in place. Hopefully they'll loosen up. But this is a very nice carry rig. I like it best at a little past 4 o'clock. Very comfortable with a polo shirt or tee shirt inside of the holster and excellent concealment with a sweater or untucked flannel shirt. I'll want to wear my looser pair of Levis with tis rig, or better yet, lose anothe r15 pounds with these jeans. :)

I'm really happy carrying 16+1 of 9mm +P in the P99 in the VM2 rig with a decent belt. I think it's a great combination.

You know.... I think you will find, with a high quality holster/belt combo, you will be able to conceal a full size P99 year round.

I do!

Adam

Back
Top Bottom