Para Ordnance PXT/LDA Carry .45

Just wondering if anyone on this forum owns a Para PXT/LDA carry either the single or double stack. I was looking at purchinging one becuase i want a decent sized (not to small i got big hands) .45 for CCW. Just trying to get some imput before i make that kind of purchase.

Thanks

I've got the small Carry model which fits me fine as I have rather small hands. The gun has proven to be reliable and accurate. The LDA trigger is different from any other I have tried, and I'm not all that fond of it. This trigger can give the crisp break of a target pistol (not exactly what I was looking for in a carry gun) but so far has proven to be a problem on double taps; the DA trigger is tough to learn and easy to "short stroke" and lock up. I strongly advise that you shoot one before you buy.

I've been carrying a .45 for close to 40 years. I finally found one I really liked a few years ago. It's utterly reliabile thousands of rounds through it and it's never had a failure to fire, it runs like a sewing machine.

I bought it because it was so cheap [$500] and had no intention of carrying it but after a couple of 1000 rounds I was sold. It's got a tough flat black finish and it's a single stack that holds 8 rounds. It's not a target pistol, yet I can still put 8 rounds in the circle at 25ft as fast as I can pull the trigger.

It's a S&W 457, they come in SS or flat black with either da/sa or da triggers. It has to be one of the most under rated .45's made by S&W.

I carry it in a Bianchi #5 black widow with the hammer down and the safety off which makes it the same as a glock or a sig.

Take a look at one it might be what your looking for.

I don't own one but I do have a Para LDA and I would like to counter Gammon's assertions about the LDA trigger. I very much like it, it does take a little bit of getting used to but I've grown to like it.

Back
Top Bottom