Para S14•45 Limited MA ok?

Anyone here know if the Para S14•45 Limited is MA ok? I know it is on the AFR, but that doesn't neccessarly mean it is legal (yet) in MA. Anyone know for sure? Thanks in advance.

It should be. It showed up on the list that Carl had on his website... of the para's we could get in MA.

-Mike

It is the full capacity magazines that you will have trouble with. Correct me if I am mistaken, someone, but I think any "hi-cap" mag made after '93 is illegal to possess here. Again, I could be mistaken, so don't just believe me, but do check into it.

It is the full capacity magazines that you will have trouble with. Correct me if I am mistaken, someone, but I think any "hi-cap" mag made after '93 is illegal to possess here. Again, I could be mistaken, so don't just believe me, but do check into it.

Nothing worth worrying about.... because any typical MA dealer is only
going to order the SKU that comes with the 10 round mags.

And FWIW, the cutoff for the AWB is 9/13/94, I believe.

-Mike

Nothing worth worrying about.... because any typical MA dealer is only
going to order the SKU that comes with the 10 round mags.

And FWIW, the cutoff for the AWB is 9/13/94, I believe.

-Mike

I'm sure you're right. However, when one travels out of state and sees hi-cap magazines on the shelf it is pretty tempting.

I know for a while Para was offering old stock pre-ban mags for sale. I wonder if they still have any?

I'm sure you're right. However, when one travels out of state and sees hi-cap magazines on the shelf it is pretty tempting.

Yeah, but you can get new "hi cap" magazines for just about anything, even
a single stack 1911. It's the buyer's responsibility to comply with the law.

I know for a while Para was offering old stock pre-ban mags for sale. I wonder if they still have any?

I think they do- weird thing is they won't ship them to MA. (probably
paranoid of the AG? )

And the "fun" problem with Para mags is I don't think they ever sold any
marked magazines, eg, with LE markings. So it might be difficult to
identify when a given mag was manufactured.

-Mike

Yeah, but you can get new "hi cap" magazines for just about anything, even
a single stack 1911. It's the buyer's responsibility to comply with the law.

I think they do- weird thing is they won't ship them to MA. (probably
paranoid of the AG? )

And the "fun" problem with Para mags is I don't think they ever sold any
marked magazines, eg, with LE markings. So it might be difficult to
identify when a given mag was manufactured.

-Mike

Yeah, as much as I'd like high, excuse me, standard cap magazines for my guns that take them, it isn't worth the risk to me. Everyone can make their own choice, but do so knowingly.

Hi cap mag cutoff is part of the AWB, effective Sept 94.

Thanks much for the info guys. I just called my dealer to be sure and yes they are available in MA. Now to wait for his distributor to get one in stock. ARGH... Yes, Para still has legit pre ban mags on their site, but won't ship to MA. I was tempted to call them to inquire as to why knowing that they are legal in MA, but what's the point. I'm sure I can't change their mind. I guess that would be easily to beat by having a friend order for me in another state. I've seen them on Gunbroker for a premium as well from time to time. Now to raise the bread to buy the toy in the first place...[smile]

Isn't that a good thing?

That door swings both ways- it's "good" in the sense that they're obviously
not marked in any "self incriminating" way, it's "bad" in the sense that the
buyer cannot be 100% sure of what they're getting.

-Mike

Yes, Para still has legit pre ban mags on their site, but won't ship to MA.
You might try having a MA 01 FFL give them a call -- they might ship to an 01 FFL, but not to an unlicensed individual.

Ok ..if they ship(Hi-cap Mag) to a FFL...Isn't he responsable for the SALE of a HI-cap mag? (i.e. like a gun)Just as a FFL from another state can ship a Handgun to a FFL here in Ma..Yet the Ma FFL CAN NOT transfer the gun to the Ma LTC owner!!!

FITH, I think you are confused.

Look up the thread and reread Taken's post where he stated:
Yes, Para still has legit pre ban mags on their site, but won't ship to MA.
That's what I was responding to. Those pre-ban magazines are legal in MA. They can be possessed and sold here. ParaOrdnance is apparently not willing to ship them to a MA resident, but they could do so legally. ParaOrdnance could also legally sell them to a MA FFL and that MA FFL could legally sell them to a MA resident who has an LTC Class A.

Note these are pre-ban magazines, manufactured before the AWB.

My suggestion is that while PO won't ship to a MA resident, perhaps they will ship to a MA FFL.

FITH, I think you are confused.

Look up the thread and reread Taken's post where he stated:That's what I was responding to. Those pre-ban magazines are legal in MA. They can be possessed and sold here. ParaOrdnance is apparently not willing to ship them to a MA resident, but they could do so legally. ParaOrdnance could also legally sell them to a MA FFL and that MA FFL could legally sell them to a MA resident who has an LTC Class A.

Note these are pre-ban magazines, manufactured before the AWB.

My suggestion is that while PO won't ship to a MA resident, perhaps they will ship to a MA FFL.
That sounds logical M1911, but remember where you are before applying said logic. [smile]
Seriously, hope it works out for the OP.

FWIW Today purchased 4 new pre-ban mags for my Para 1445 at the Springfield gun show for $50.00 ea. as well as a preban 1640 mag for $30. They can be found, but you have to hunt for them. I spoke to some Mass dealers and they have them, back at their shops. Call around, you can most likely find them local, but if you want more than one, you may need to see a couple of dealers.

Good Luck

I got 3 at AAA this week and they have more. They are at the show too, so if anyone is looking for any pre ban for any brand, they have quite the selection.

Back
Top Bottom