Peep sights for flat top AR ?

In anyones hands but mine I'm sure!

You can clean the target, anyone can. Just start with a 10 and go from there.

What are the tubes on the front of the rear sight in the two on the right? What purpose do they serve? I have much to learn.

Glare tubes, just to keep reflections from the sun from messing with the sight picture. The one on the Warner (far right) looks like one with an integrated lens holder, some guys like to run a rear magnifier.

Last edited:
That load will clean the target all day long.

Be sure you install a good 2 stage trigger like a Geissele SSA-E. Then since you are shooting off hand learn to aim holding the front post following a sideways figure 8 (actually an infinity sign). I went and took the high-power training with the Army shooting team at Ft. Banning Georgia. When I was taught that way of aiming my score immediately rose 20 points. I would average 7 out of 10 in the 10 ring and usually 4 of them in the X ring. So that came out to 14 in the 10 ring and 8 in the X ring out of 20 shots at 200 yards off hand with peep no scope. I was shooting a Bushmaster DCM which which would shoot 10 shot 1/2" groups at 100 yards with an 18 power scope on sand bags. Now I have a Colt M4 lower with a SSA-E trigger with a WOA 18" Varmint upper with 1 in 7" twist that they fluted for me that shoots 3/8" five shot groups using 69 grain Sierra Match Kings. I only use it for hunting varmints like coyotes now.

http://www.whiteoakarmament.com/xcart/product.php?productid=17555&cat=261&page=1

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom