Pelham F & G.. Special Meeting??

Ok, I hear vibes of discontent between the Pres. and VP against all other club factions. Apparently the Trap guys are revolting against the administration of the club. Apparently they are looking for a new Treasurer/ secretary. I heard they are having problems reaching a quorom ( at the Board Meetings?)...because of it . Many feel that the Club is becoming the private training ground or base location for a private training group ( for that private training groups profit and benefit). Who is that private group? and is this true?

Apparently many are joining the Methuen club because of it.....

I was going to join there but was told last week about certain "issues" like debt and whatnots. I decided to hold off because the person told me they MAY close down. Keep me updated all! I'd like to join but not if they are going to close.

I was just getting pumped about becoming a member there. Hope this works out. I thought they had hundreds of members, there website says biggest gun club in southern nh.

And now the entire clay's committee has resigned in protest to the boards actions. An up and coming program has collapsed as a result of a faction of the board's attitude toward volunteers that have brought in revenue and rebuilt the clay's program over the last few years
To much infighting, look around the place structures have collapsed from lack of maintenance. Lots of assets but extremely poor leadership, more concerned with fighting among themselves than serving the club.

I'm sure they aren't going anywhere. They been around for how long? What club doesn't have issues here and there? As for the meetings why don't you ATTEND them, they are open to all. My next 350 I'm becoming a member there with the wifey.

Yup, In a perfect world we'd all attend the Special Meetings with Short notice. Nope, not everyone works a "traditional" work schedule 9-5. So, I should somehow get out of work to attend a short notice or pre-planned night meeting (7pm as an example), that might not even happen, because they can't gain a quorom? I've been in this game ( gun clubs) for quite some time, and I don't appreciate the admonishing or short-sighted remark of " attend a meeting" Some of us aren't able to attend at the club's whim, and I've been to some meetings that last 30 minutes or less.......( I ain't burning a SICK Day for that and good luck trying to find someone to work in your absence from work)

Yes, all clubs have in-fighting....but this post origianlly asked...Whats going on at Pelham?

Last edited:
Yup, In a perfect world we'd all attend the Special Meetings with Short notice. Nope, not everyone works a "traditional" work schedule 9-5. So, I should somehow get out of work to attend a short notice or pre-planned night meeting (7pm as an example), that might not even happen, because they can't gain a quorom? I've been in this game ( gun clubs) for quite some time, and I don't appreciate the admonishing or short-sighted remark of " attend a meeting" Some of us aren't able to attend at the club's whim, and I've been to some meetings that last 30 minutes or less.......( I ain't burning a SICK Day for that and good luck trying to find someone to work in your absence from work)

Yes, all clubs have in-fighting....but this post origianlly asked...Whats going on at Pelham?

People only schedule last minute special meetings during a work week day in a heavy vacation period when they only want retired old folk to show up. Just saying... YMMV and I know nothing of what's going on but it sounds fishy.

Yes, something must be fishy. I hope the leadership can put aside their agenda and invest in Club Infrastructure that doesn't benefit themselves and complete projects like the growth of clays sports and the 600 yd. range. As stated earlier, there is always in-fighting at gun clubs, but club officials should represent all shooting disciplines ( within the club) with equal consideration, not merely those activities which line their pockets with Gold. Some people hold office for direct control of personal agendas. Not neccesarily for the "Good" of the CLUB.

Nuts... I was so hoping that the 600 yard range would be finished in my lifetime.. I am not a member there yet, but have toured the facilty and shot there once as a guest.. The range I shoot on now only has a 100 yard range for long stuff, and I was hoping to get into Pelham to get on their 600 when it was done.. The range is so close to completion too.. I will probably join anyway, the rest of the facility is still nice as far as I could tell.. Some things seemed a bit run down.. Has there been any more word about what's going on over there? Am I throwing away money joining?

-Charlie

Back
Top Bottom