PELHAM FISH & GAME CLUB

It's sad that any club won't publish their range rules and by-laws publicly so potential members can review them prior to joining.

I attended a 2-day Appleseed at Pelham a few years ago and the property looks impressive. When I (hope to) move to SE NH it was the club I was going to consider joining.

However, as much as I shoot outdoors almost exclusively, I also want the opportunity to shoot indoors as well. My Wife usually joins me at the range. But she has some hand problems and I doubt that she'd pass a one-handed bullseye range test to get approved to shoot indoors. So to me it looks like this club isn't a practical consideration for us, sorry to say. But it is just this sort of reason why it is imperative that prospective members get a look at all the rules before committing $$ to join rather than end up joining and becoming disappointed (when this happens most go to social media to trash the club because it wasn't a good "fit" for them).

Would like to take the drive from Gloucester to come see this facility. I hear nothing but great things. Been a member at Pemigewasset for a number of years but find myself driving the 2 1/2 trek once a summer and to be honest, not worth it if you're only visiting for a few hours, turn around and drive back home. I'm a member at Hamilton/Wenham but like having another membership. If anyone wants to give me a tour perhaps this upcoming Saturday, message me and we'll discuss it more
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

However, as much as I shoot outdoors almost exclusively, I also want the opportunity to shoot indoors as well. My Wife usually joins me at the range. But she has some hand problems and I doubt that she'd pass a one-handed bullseye range test to get approved to shoot indoors. So to me it looks like this club isn't a practical consideration for us, sorry to say. But it is just this sort of reason why it is imperative that prospective members get a look at all the rules before committing $$ to join rather than end up joining and becoming disappointed (when this happens most go to social media to trash the club because it wasn't a good "fit" for them).

Len - the one thing I observed from yesterday's group format interview, is that the folks running the show are people. They showed compassion and an appreciation for their members and potential members. I'm willing to bet they'd be willing to work with someone who may not be able to pass the test, especially if there's a medical reason.

As it was explained to me, they're looking for you to hit approximately, an 8.5"x11" target at 50 feet. Edge hits don't count - so it's not a true bullseye only test. Meaning, if you hit outside the black/rings - as long as you're on the paper (again, not edge hits), you should be GTG.

Gillham, thanks. We'll see when I make the move. It's at least 6 months and perhaps longer to convince my Wife before I have to worry about which club. At this point I don't even know which towns I'll be looking in, again too soon to spend the time on that now.

Len - the one thing I observed from yesterday's group format interview, is that the folks running the show are people. They showed compassion and an appreciation for their members and potential members. I'm willing to bet they'd be willing to work with someone who may not be able to pass the test, especially if there's a medical reason.

As it was explained to me, they're looking for you to hit approximately, an 8.5"x11" target at 50 feet. Edge hits don't count - so it's not a true bullseye only test. Meaning, if you hit outside the black/rings - as long as you're on the paper (again, not edge hits), you should be GTG.

I was there too... Looking forward to going back at the end of the month. Just need to get some rounds made for the pistol I'll use to qualify for the indoor range (1911 in 45ACP). [smile]

WE HAVE A GREAT WEBSITE WITH JUST ABOUT ALL THE INFO YOU WILL NEED TO SEE.
WE ARE OPEN TO, CMP, NRA MATCHES, IDPA AND USPSA MATCHES AND OUR YEARLY WEEK LONG SASS EVENT.
SO IF YOUR INTERESTED, COME PARTICIPATE IN ONE OF THE EVENTS AND TAKE A LOOK AROUND.
AND PICK UP AN APPLICATION TO JOIN

Looking forward to shooting at the 600yd range open house on June 10th.

Now I gotta get one of my Garands all cleaned up. [thumbsup]

Looking foward to having you attend. I'm one of the 600 yd committee members, also volunteering as a coach. We are making a max effort to get shooters acclimated to 600 yds in a stress-less and fun experience. You will do awesome no worries !

My first time shooting shooting 600 yds at Ft Devens and did very well. Out of 20rds, I got 6 in the X and 2 in the 9 and 1 in the 8. I decided to apply to join Pelham after moving to Salem, NH. I've also done some long distance hunting in TX in the past few years this past month was shooting out to 1000+. Hoping to get the call from Pelham soon about orientation. Looking forward to meeting other people who also like to shoot long distance. For me, once you start down the path of long distance precision shooting, nothing else compares.

Hi, i am really interested in joining since i move to pelham this is weekend. Are there open hours for tours or something to learn a bit more about the range? Thanks!

Just an update. Applied to pfg late may. Hope to get a call soon!

Be patient, takes about 4 months to get approved and get "the badge". It's all volunteers and this is a lengthy process, but you WILL be contacted. PM me and I would be happy to give you a tour as a guest.

Went today to qualify at the 200. these morons use a 100 yd target at 200 yards. Silly me, I thought I would be shooting a 200 yard target at 200 yards, like you do at other gun clubs. Another case of non shooters making the rules or just power mad A**holes?

It's sad that any club won't publish their range rules and by-laws publicly so potential members can review them prior to joining.

I agree 100%.
My current club is paper targets only, No holster work, slugs only and other restrictive rules. I am looking to join a second club that I can do all the things that are outlawed at the MRA. I am not looking to dump the MRA because it is so close to home. I am just looking for a little bit of freedom and I am willing to drive to experience it. This would be so much easier if they published their rules. So I will ask here.

I would like to shoot steel or other reaction targets from the holster. Do they have steel targets on-site? If not can I bring my own?
Can I use a shotgun in the action areas with reaction targets? (buck and birdshot ok)?
I have seen the qualification requirement for the indoor range. Do you need to qualify on the other ranges as well?
Do you need to have a RSO present when on certain ranges?
What is the typical interview wait times? What are the volunteer requirements? Volunteer hours or $$ if you do not do them?
NRA or Goal membership required?
Could you recommend another club in the area that may fit my wish list?

I am in Arlington and Pelham is about an hour away. I would go a little bit farther if you got another club to recommend.

I agree 100%.
My current club is paper targets only, No holster work, slugs only and other restrictive rules. I am looking to join a second club that I can do all the things that are outlawed at the MRA. I am not looking to dump the MRA because it is so close to home. I am just looking for a little bit of freedom and I am willing to drive to experience it. This would be so much easier if they published their rules. So I will ask here.

I would like to shoot steel or other reaction targets from the holster. Do they have steel targets on-site? If not can I bring my own?
Can I use a shotgun in the action areas with reaction targets? (buck and birdshot ok)?
I have seen the qualification requirement for the indoor range. Do you need to qualify on the other ranges as well?
Do you need to have a RSO present when on certain ranges?
What is the typical interview wait times? What are the volunteer requirements? Volunteer hours or $$ if you do not do them?
NRA or Goal membership required?
Could you recommend another club in the area that may fit my wish list?
1.) I would like to shoot steel or other reaction targets from the holster. Do they have steel targets on-site? If not can I bring my own?
- The pistol area of the action range has them in the rear, last time I was there at least. There's three sets, the regular pistol and action range bays do not
- You can get some of your own "board approved" steel - I have asked what the process for board approval is and was unable to get an answer

2.) Can I use a shotgun in the action areas with reaction targets? (buck and birdshot ok)?
- The rulebook says yes as long as you're not shooting at unapproved frames; in practice I've used clays on the berm and water jugs
- I've received conflicting info on this elsewhere, however, so it's at your own risk

3.) I have seen the qualification requirement for the indoor range. Do you need to qualify on the other ranges as well?
- The 200 and 600 ranges and I believe the turning target range all require qualification

4.) Do you need to have a RSO present when on certain ranges?
- No, the first person on a given range automatically becomes the RSO until they relinquish that to another member and/or leave

5.) What is the typical interview wait times? What are the volunteer requirements? Volunteer hours or $$ if you do not do them?
- Interview: long; in other words, I wouldn't bank on getting in this year, but maybe. No dues prorating, so if you get in during, say, November, you're going to pay an entire year's worth of dues, FYI
- 8 hrs of volunteer work or you pay a $40 fee yearly until you meet those requirements

6.) NRA or Goal membership required?
- No

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom