• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Peter Rose, who barricaded himself inside his bedroom in Taunton prompting a Swat response, died of a self-inflicted gunshot

Reptile

NES Member
A 41-year-old Taunton man who barricaded himself inside his bedroom prompting a Swat response on Tuesday, died as a result of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, authorities said.

The Bristol District Attorney’s office on Wednesday said that Peter Rose was found unresponsive when a robotic device entered the home six hours after police initially arrived.

A single .40 caliber casing was located near his body and a .40 caliber Glock firearm was found directly next to him, authorities said. No foul play is suspected. Rose was pronounced dead at the scene at 8:17 p.m., authorities said.

About six hours earlier, at 2:15 p.m. police in Taunton received a call from a woman who said her daughter was a victim of an ongoing domestic incident involving Rose, her husband, at an apartment on Grant Street, authorities said.

When officers arrived, they spoke with the woman who said Rose barricaded himself in his bedroom with a gun. Police removed the woman and two children from the apartment, authorities said.

Police and Taunton and members of the SEMLEC Swat set up a secure perimeter outside the apartment and tried several times to contact Rose.

At around 8 p.m., authorities said, a robotic device entered the apartment and the bedroom, where Rose was found unresponsive.

Dupe!

I live right around the corner from this and last evening was not fun. Rather frustrating watching a potential hostage situation (the mother only got one child out on initial escape, the newborn was later found safe in his crib) get turned into a carnival.

Compounding was rumor and comment of a possible bomb on the scanner around 6, which made the show and tell nature of the scene even more stupid.

I live right around the corner from this and last evening was not fun. Rather frustrating watching a potential hostage situation (the mother only got one child out on initial escape, the newborn was later found safe in his crib) get turned into a carnival.

Compounding was rumor and comment of a possible bomb on the scanner around 6, which made the show and tell nature of the scene even more stupid.

I used to own the 2family just past the curve on Grant. Go figure!

Dupe!

View: https://youtu.be/R_4Z_zsdMSk

Lol you can't do that. Dropping an oddly placed shitnugget in another unrelated thread and calling it a dupe? Thats not how that works Beatrice. [rofl]

I used to own the 2family just past the curve on Grant. Go figure!

Crazy how small the world is sometimes.

I've just been shaking my head when I think about it. I'm certain I've seen him and his wife walking through the neighborhood with their kid previously, then a stroller with their newborn in the last month or so. All one can do is sit back and wonder what happened.

Seeing folks angry that he was supposedly holding the baby hostage and such- doesn't seem like that was his intent; just to remove himself from the equation. And he'd likely done so in that small window between his wife running and the arrival of police.

Oh well. Hope he found what he was looking for.

Wrench as far as I’m concerned Pete was a top notch person and I knew him well we talked numerous times had deep conversations. This definitely wasn’t Pete

I've know Pete Rose and his family all my life. It's my belief that this ordeal got blow way out of proportion. I know he wouldn't have harmed his children. I have only met his wife a few times as I lived out of state. I wished she would have called his dad as they were very close and he would have talk sense into him. But instead it sounds like she called her mother who in turned called the police. I doubt as it was stated there was a history of any of this happening before. Having the swat team show may have very well provoked him into shooting himself. They never did say when the shot when off. Personally knowing him, he was a great hard working guy recently married with two young children. Reading the news reports the next day was an awful way to learn of a friend's death. He didn't deserve this ending.

FFS! I've know Pete for over 20 yrs. This is how I find out... I'm f***ing devastated. FTR his wife is a junky psycho and I don't believe a f***ing word she says.
You don't know what you're talking about, his wife wasn't a junky or a psycho and if you were devastated you wouldn't talk shit.

FFS! I've know Pete for over 20 yrs. This is how I find out... I'm f***ing devastated. FTR his wife is a junky psycho and I don't believe a f***ing word she says.
Sorry for your loss - Found out about a family suicide by third party phone call, sucks is an understatement.

If you knew Pete for 20 yrs and were devastated you wouldn't be making comments like this at this time. It's obvious that you have no clue about his wife or his life.

Back
Top Bottom