Pheasant Ridge Guns Seekonk

Hi garyz,

I frequent the place way too much. Prices are a tad high on the new stuff, but they do have a good selection of used guns and guns on consignment. The web site is a bit dated. A lot of long guns that are there aren't even displayed, the place is just to small to do it. They even have beef jerky like the gun shows..LOL...

If you do plan on visiting I would call first. There hours can be erratic at times.

I was going to pheasant ridge to check out the new fn ps90 civilian model
normally, I just get directions and go, for some reason I called first, good thing. the lady on the phone told me, "I don't mean to be rude, but if you're not buying, don't come as we are remodeling." now, since their web says they have over 900 guns in stock, and only about 30 or so listed, I have no idea what they have so I don't know if I'm buying. I asked when the remodel will be done, so I know when I can browse, and she said they have no idea.
am I missing something? I've seen other dealers put info on their web stating will be closed for remodel, check back for grand reopening, makes good sense to me, but apparently, not this place. don't know if I'll waste my time calling back in a month any thoughts

garyz

...for some reason I called first, good thing. the lady on the phone told me, "I don't mean to be rude, but if you're not buying, don't come as we are remodeling."...
garyz

That's them all right...

Pheasant Ridge Seekonk

Has anyone had any experience here? I called about a rifle they had on their Web site. Guy I spoke with was very nice but couldn't find the gun. He said the gun was in the inventory. Told me to come in on Saturday when one of the owners would be in. Drove down there (45 minutes). The person that was there said the gun must have been sold and not taken off the inventory.

So I asked about a different gun shown on the web site. He asked what the inventory number was. Which I did not remember. He told me I'd have to get the number and come back or call. He had over 1,000 guns and could not help me without the number. So I had to drive home and call him back with the number. He said he'd check and call him later. Called later that day, next day and the following day. Got answering machine even though I was calling during their advertised hours.

I have been there on several occasions with mixed results. There is one gentleman that works there that is less than helpful most of the time. Unfortunately I think he is there more often than anyone else. Their prices are not too bad and if you can get help they will do or try to do anything for you. Unfortunately their reputation and their business is going to continue to suffer until they straighten up.

I have been there on several occasions with mixed results. There is one gentleman that works there that is less than helpful most of the time. Unfortunately I think he is there more often than anyone else. Their prices are not too bad and if you can get help they will do or try to do anything for you. Unfortunately their reputation and their business is going to continue to suffer until they straighten up.

It's been like that for the 5 years I've lived in Seekonk. That's why I drive when I shop. I usually end up at N.E. Trading, TiteGroup or Four Seasons. I'd rather drive up to an hour to be treated properly. Store owners need to realize that we are doing them a favor when we enter their place of business. We are NOT an inconvenience to them...

-Cuz.

I used to do alot of buisness there, until I found northeast trading. PRs prices are high, but the one thing they do that really pisses me off is they charge 4% more I believe, if you purchace with a credit card, a practice which I think is illegal in MA.

Second on NE Trading. Anticipating still further price increases, I bought 2 bricks of Aguila .22 ammo from NE Trading today. Ted has good inventory, fair prices and a very knowledgeable staff.

That he's 15 minutes away is a big help, too.

Been there many times before I smartened up, occassionally will stop in if I'm going by it, just to see if anyone put something on consignment for a good price, or hoping their prices have become reasonable. Never saw that happen.
Took my MA permit class there many years ago, told some other instructor about it, and being charged $150 for the class, and was informed I shouldn't have been charged anywhere near that since I was an NRA Life member at that time. Don't know how true that was, but I accepted what the guy told me since he was also an instructor. So that made me mad about that store for a long time.
Reloading stuff is always expensive there, and just about anything in there you can find on the internet cheaper.
Parking sucks, and trying to back out onto 44 at some times during busy traffic hours is horrible.
Unless you know what you want, and know they have it, it's hardly worth a special trip to the place, of course, if you're driving right by it, it doesn't hurt to stop in for a peek.

Pheasant Ridge Guns Rt44, Seekonk

A tiny shop with a lot of used hanguns as well as new. Right across the street from "Audrey's" the Johnson and Wales training Hotel/restaurant.

Ordered a Bianchi holster from them in April, didn't get it for 4 months after being told it would take 1 week. Charged my credit card before he ordered it because it was a "left handed" holster. Call after call got me repeated bad information about my order. It wasn't until an employee, Bill, got interested enough to look into it that they tracked down my order, after they ordered the wrong holster.

Wanted to buy a couple of C&R handguns, but owner insisted no sales unless the guns were on the C&R list. He wouldn't even sell guns over 100 years old to me with my C&R, like a couple of M&P Smiths and a couple of real old Colt Pocket and Police models. Owner said his lawyer told him it was better to just avoid selling C&R guns if they weren't on "the list".

Bought a nice old model 1905 S&W M&P .38 for what I thought was an OK price.

When he gave me the gun he made me purchase a trigger lock for an additional $10.99. I told him I never paid for a trigger lock for any of my other guns. He insisted, showing me the law saying that the locks had to be provided, but the shop didn't have to pay for them. Also wouldn't let me bring my own lock or lockable case to pick up the gun.

I asked the owner why he didn't mention in the selling price that I would have to buy a trigger lock for $11 more. He said he could put it on the tag, but "Everybody already knows about it."

Let's see, wicked bad customer service, bad interpretation of the laws, funny sales practices but a good inventory.

I am going to try to not shop there again, except he has a lot of the old S&W's revolvers that I like. Too bad, for the price of a trigger lock and a bad custom order, he lost a customer that purchased over a dozen handguns in the last year, thankfully only one from Pheasant Ridge.

Last edited:
It amazes me how many FFL's don't know C&R regs. I bought a Vz-52 rifle at Pheasant Ridge last year at a very good price, but had to go the regular purchase route because I couldn't show them the rifle on the C&R list.

Funny thing is - I found out the owner served with me at Fort Campbell with the 101st Airborne Division (326th Engineers) twenty-five years ago. Small world...

It's been over a year now I think since I was last in there. Doesn't sound like it's changed at all. I also remember they had a sign on the door saying something to the affect of "leave your kids home".

Stopped in there this spring. I found the guy behind the counter to be pleasant and helpful. I also found a mint early '50s (internal extractor) FN Browning Hi Power on the wall, a pistol that has long been on my want-list. Needless to say it came home with me.
So despite the drawbacks (small and dumpy store, erratic hours, high prices) I was very happy I stopped. If you're looking for something particular, there's no gun shop that isn't worth a look.
Tinpig

Pheasant Ridge

If I remember correctly the owners actually have 2 gun shops in RI. They purchased that store in MA to sell to MA residents easier. It is by no stretch their main stay. The hours are very erratic, but they do have a decent selection. It is sad to say but they do charge you more for using a credit card. They must not know it is illegal in MA. Not sure about RI.

Certainly not many deals to be had but sometimes you find what you are looking for and avoid driving 40 minutes or paying shipping charges.

If I remember correctly the owners actually have 2 gun shops in RI. They purchased that store in MA to sell to MA residents easier. It is by no stretch their main stay. The hours are very erratic, but they do have a decent selection. It is sad to say but they do charge you more for using a credit card. They must not know it is illegal in MA. Not sure about RI.

Certainly not many deals to be had but sometimes you find what you are looking for and avoid driving 40 minutes or paying shipping charges.

This is the first I've heard of this. Do you know the names of the gun shops in RI?
Thanks.

I stopped by there today to pick up a box of primers. The guy there was actually pleasant and friendly. Maybe they've been reading the forums...

stopped by last week to buy an item, did not have cash, used my non-citibank cc, got surcharged again!!! He did not ask or tell me, just pulled out his calculator, he did not give a receipt, i will double check my statement, but this store is dead to me[angry][angry].

Another reason I don't like Pheasant Ridge Guns.

Well, it looks like Pheasant Ridge has gone and done it again. Just when you didn't think it was possible to disappoint me any more, they did. During a weak moment some years ago I was in there and signed up for their mailing list. It was supposed to be for notices of sales and special purchases, etc. A little over a year ago I got an email from them in which they included their entire mailing list in the "To:" field so I now had a copy of their entire mailing list. AND, everyone else also had my email address. I am fully aware that my email address is "out there" on the internet, but I absolutely do not appreciate it getting distributed in this fashion by a local business. A quick look at the list of addresses reveals quite a bit of information about who people are and what they are interested in. I called Dean (owner) and explained that I was upset, and why. I asked them to remove me from their list and he assured me he would take care of it. This scenario was repeated three times since then and each time I've replied via email and followed up with phone calls asking to be removed from their list. Each time I was assured they would take care of it. I hate that they are so careless with my information. I asked him why he would want to give out a copy of his mailing list like that and he said they weren't really sure how email worked. Well, today, it happened again. I think the matter is compounded by the fact that the message they sent out was nothing more than political propaganda. I do not need a local gun store filling my mailbox with this crap. I have had enough of this. I took their email and did what I told Dean I would do if it happened again. I did a simple "reply all" and told everyone how careless Pheasant Ridge was with their information and suggested they consider shopping at Northeast trading or Four Seasons Guns instead. While I'm still mad, that did make me feel a little better.

Sorry for the rant, but it's just another reason I don't go to Pheasant Ridge Guns and I have lived about 1 mile away from them for the last seven years.
-Cuz.

unPleasant Ridge...

Okay...

I've stopped by there FOUR! times in a row, recently, and they were closed during "regular business hours." My son lives around 1.5 miles from there, so it's not a massive hardship, but... wtf?

I called there today and there was no answer. I rode by there anyway and they were (gasp!!!!) open!!!!

I asked the "gentleman" behind the counter if they get many S&W .357 J frames with a 3" barrel. He gave me a superior look and said "They don't exist." They haven't made them for over twenty years. I thanked him and walked out.

When I returned home, I emailed Pheasant Ridge including a URL to S&W's website highlighting their model 60

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...ted=tech&isFirearm=Y&parent_category_rn=15704

and asked if I should notify S&W to stop marketing a firearm that doesn't exist...

Done with them. SOOOOO!!!!! done... Not worth it.

-Gillis

I haven't been in there for almost two years and I'm still pissed off at them.

They took over 8 months to order me a holster from Bianchi, and when it came in it was the wrong one.

Then they refused to sell me a 1905 S&W because they weren't sure it was a C&R gun, as it wasn't on the list.

Then when I broke out my pistol permit and bought the antique M&P, they charged me $11 for the trigger lock they said they had to "sell" me.

They suck.

I remember going in there to buy ammo with my FID card when I was 18, and the bearded woman behind the counter tried to sell me a 1911 that they had on consignment. I after about 10 minutes of debate, I finally convinced her that she could not sell that to me.

That place is a circus.

Back
Top Bottom