Pheasant Stocked Areas

First of all, I'd like to say hi to everyone. I'm new to Northeastern shooters, and new to posting. so, please try to overlook any rookie mistakes.

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the pheasant stocked areas listed on the masswildlife web page. They've added a few new areas, some of which, I thought to be private land.

One for example: Halifax/Middleboro area, I know this place. Up until now this was posted property. What has changed? Is this land open to other hunting? Such as deer or geese.

I drove by Saturday to check it out. There was still two no trespassing signs up. But I did see two roosters, both were no more than ten yards off the road.

If anyone has any info I'd like to hear from you.
I did email masswildlife, waiting on an answer from them.

Welcome to the forum squeeze. I typically wont hunt the WMA's that don't have a map associated with them. I don't want to wonder on to private property by accident. Please let us know what masswildlife says about that area.

often a private landowner will request thier land is stocked. The deal is they have to open it to the public. I would cal mass wildlife and see if number 1 they stocked (some people /clubs do it themselfs0 and get the owners name if possible and ask permission to hunt. it may be as simple as that. I know if I had enough land to hunt I would want folks to stop by before heading out around my livestock/land.

We learned in Basic Hunter's Education class that you *always* ask for permission to hunt and that it's a good idea to offer some of your kill(s) to the land owner. Also be sure to clean up any trash you generate and generally make sure you treat the land well so maybe the land owner will let you hunt on their land again.

Courtesy and respect for land owners is key to avoid having them post signs on their property that say "no hunting."

Back
Top Bottom