PICKED UP MY FIRST GUN YESTERDAY

I picked up a ruger sr9 today.I am looking forward to going to the range. Does anyone know of anyplace where they offer a course on shooting stance,aim ,better control techniques?Things of that nature. I am brand new to handguns and would like to learn all I can.

Congrats. We need pictures.[smile]

Stance and how to aim should have been covered in your safety course. If not your instructor gets a FAIL. As for techniques, I'm sure someone will chime in soon with places to get more training.

Who said he took a safety course?

Check out your local ranges and see what they have to offer and/or contact the NRA to find a course in your area.

Congrats. We need pictures.[smile]

Stance and how to aim should have been covered in your safety course. If not your instructor gets a FAIL. As for techniques, I'm sure someone will chime in soon with places to get more training.
Not all courses have hands-on.

Congrats and welcome.

Are you going to join any of the local clubs/ranges? If so, I'm confident someone from NES would be willing to join you and give you some pointers. It's not as good as a class, but you can never stop learning.

I picked up a ruger sr9 today.I am looking forward to going to the range. Does anyone know of anyplace where they offer a course on shooting stance,aim ,better control techniques?Things of that nature. I am brand new to handguns and would like to learn all I can.

I have a good idea.
Become a member of this forum for a few bucks a year (there is quite a bunch that goes on in the member area)
and see if people are willing to go shooting with you. I'm sure tons would. You could learn from them.

Also, look up Todd Jarrett on youtube and see what he says about holding a pistol properly...and then do that.

i did take a course but 6 hours of talking and ten minutes of shooting is hardly enough to cover all aspects of stance , control, and other fundamentals.this site has been extremely helpful to me so far. thanks

i did take a course but 6 hours of talking and ten minutes of shooting is hardly enough to cover all aspects of stance , control, and other fundamentals.this site has been extremely helpful to me so far. thanks

advice from other members is great...and hands on time at the range with them is even better.

Look into action shooting. Insanely fun (check our pistol competition forum here)

Back
Top Bottom