• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pistole Brace on a rifle?

Hello everyone. So I'm not sure where we ended up on braces as a hole whether they are legal or not on rifle caliber pistols or not. However, I saw something that confused me today. I went to a shop today and they had an AR with a 16" barrel and a brace. The brace had the ability to collapse and when I asked about it I was told it's a brace, not a stock so it's allowed to do that. So the question is. Is this legit or a can of worms waiting to be opened? I'm all for 2A but I like more than a 5x5 room to live in. What are your thoughts on this?

Sounds like it's still being sold as an 'other firearm' (which is how we were able to get them up until now, if they weren't a pre-1994 manufacture), assuming it also had a vertical fore grip on the handguard. ATF says no SBR registration needed if the barrel is at least 16" long.

The state has enacted new legislation making 'others' assault weapons that need to be registered with state as such and well as banning all sales/tranfers, but I don't know if it's officially started. If not, this, may be your last chance as a CT resident to get something like this, legally.

Sounds like it's still being sold as an 'other firearm' (which is how we were able to get them up until now, if they weren't a pre-1994 manufacture), assuming it also had a vertical fore grip on the handguard. ATF says no SBR registration needed if the barrel is at least 16" long.

The state has enacted new legislation making 'others' assault weapons that need to be registered with state as such and well as banning all sales/tranfers, but I don't know if it's officially started. If not, this, may be your last chance as a CT resident to get something like this, legally.

I think I am going to go the Fightlite route to make my life a little easier. I am going to grab a lower and then put an upper of my choosing on it. opens my up to more options to add on as well. Sorda like a tactical mini 14-ish thing going. Although I was also looking at the Ruger LC Carbine but I really dislike the butt stock on it. Folding part pined, Colapsable part pined. So I was thinking of getting the charger and putting a brace on it or the carbine and swapping it out to a better butt stock.

I think I am going to go the Fightlite route to make my life a little easier. I am going to grab a lower and then put an upper of my choosing on it. opens my up to more options to add on as well. Sorda like a tactical mini 14-ish thing going. Although I was also looking at the Ruger LC Carbine but I really dislike the butt stock on it. Folding part pined, Colapsable part pined. So I was thinking of getting the charger and putting a brace on it or the carbine and swapping it out to a better butt stock.
Sorda

Back
Top Bottom