Plymouth R&G Club

I did not know that. I did a quick tour when they opened and thought it was a full service club. It sure looked they had the room for rifle shooting.

I will check. I am just going by what the website says. Thanks for the heads up though. Will let you know what I find out.

Went down to Plymouth tonight to renew/reapply as I was a member until the end of 2010. They said I need a sponsor... Dont know any people there. When I went, I kinda just shot, did my thing and left. I only went a half a dozen times when I was a member, because of a tight schedule with my job (travelled to the South 4-5 days a week), now I work in New England so my schedule is a lot more open. Anyone know how ai can go about meeting someone to sponsor me? I really dont feel like bumming around the club to meet someone like they suggested. Not my style. Not a big deal, will check out Old Colony as well in Pembroke, as they are almost as close to me.

If you want to join Old Colony I will sign your membership app and get a couple more sigs for you.. Let me know.

I tried to get in touch with the secretary back in late April early May leaving 2 voicemails with no call back. I had the money to join at the time from my tax refund. If you read the web page about membership is says it has an open membership, doesn’t that mean anyone can join? Or does it mean there’s room for more members who know someone in the club?

Chris

I tried to get in touch with the secretary back in late April early May leaving 2 voicemails with no call back. I had the money to join at the time from my tax refund. If you read the web page about membership is says it has an open membership, doesn’t that mean anyone can join? Or does it mean there’s room for more members who know someone in the club?

Chris
They've recently become very strict on sponsors and added some strict range rules. Sponsors now have to attend orientations with their sponsoree and bear some responsibility for sponsor actions during the probation period. Membership isn't closed, but you actually have to have a sponsor, and the secretary won't just sign off on you anymore.

Still a great club with beautiful facilities and good people. You'd have nothing to lose from showing up at a meeting and submitting an app if you can.

Last edited:
JShooter, I may take you up on that. Old Colony is looking better and better. I did speak to someone from the club, and they said to attend the safety instruction this coming Sunday and to bring my application then. I can get someone to sign it, then I will go to the meeting on Monday. Looks to be a better facility than Plymouth, and the dues aren't as steep as Plymouth. Its only 5 minutes further drive which isnt a big deal. Thanks for your offer and look forward to meeting you there!
Thanks,

Ryan

JShooter, I may take you up on that. Old Colony is looking better and better. I did speak to someone from the club, and they said to attend the safety instruction this coming Sunday and to bring my application then. I can get someone to sign it, then I will go to the meeting on Monday. Looks to be a better facility than Plymouth, and the dues aren't as steep as Plymouth. Its only 5 minutes further drive which isnt a big deal. Thanks for your offer and look forward to meeting you there!
Thanks,

Ryan
Plymouth is definately more expensive, but unless Old Colony has made huge capital inmprovements since I was last there a year and a half ago, Plymouth is far nicer. Dues at Plymouth are only $125/year...it seems its the $250 initiation fee that you're talking about. You only pay that once.

The big benefit I see is that the rules at Old Colony are much more liberal with steel matches, CMP events, and IDPA classes.

They've recently become very strict on sponsors and added some strict range rules. Sponsors now have to attend orientations with their sponsoree and bear some responsibility for sponsor actions during the probation period. Membership isn't closed, but you actually have to have a sponsor, and the secretary won't just sign off on you anymore.

Still a great club with beautiful facilities and good people. You'd have nothing to lose from showing up at a meeting and submitting an app if you can.
I've been a member at Plymouth for about 8 years and have really enjoyed it until they added the new outdoor range rules. The 5 round mag limit is a misguided, ineffectual solution to a problem that doesn't really exist. I'm actually considering joining another club. Old Colony is looking good especially the junior programs for my son.

I am thinking of joining Plymouth. The website says Thursday is good night to is that true? Any members here and what are your opinions of the club? Old Colony is the other club I would be looking at.

I am thinking of joining Plymouth. The website says Thursday is good night to is that true? Any members here and what are your opinions of the club? Old Colony is the other club I would be looking at.

im not a member there, but do know thatThursday night is open to the public so yes that would be a good night to check it out

My previous 2 year old comments are still valid.

Thursday nights are "Big Bore Night" in the indoor range (.38 SPL and larger).

My previous 2 year old comments are still valid.

Thursday nights are "Big Bore Night" in the indoor range (.38 SPL and larger).

that's it I couldn't remember the name [wink]. Co worker of mine is member and keeps telling me to come down on thurs, I gotta check it out some night. I here there's some cool flamethrowers on display

So, my wife may get me a club membership for Christmas this year and I was thinking about Plymouth. Since I live here and it'd be the closes ride, may make me go more. But the website says they're not accepting new members...anyone have any insight on this?

They are currently capped at 600 members (although I think they're actually st 630)

but u they do big bore on Thursdays - indoor pistol range 38spl up - open to the public

The best way to get in is keep showing up on Thursdays, shake a few hands and meet some people.

rhey open admissions I believe in dec/jan for the upcoming year,

Back
Top Bottom