Plymouth R&G Club

I was a member for a couple of years and when it came time to renew for 2003 I let it lapse. I had a lot going on and never got time to do any shooting so I figured it was a waste of money to stay on board.

Now I find more time as my kids are getting older to shoot more and want to join back up. Does anyone know the latest on the new indoor pistol range? Their site shows construction pics of it but there is snow on the ground so they are pretty dated.

There's been a few setbacks with the new construction but I hear that it is moving along. I was talking to someone about it yesterday but neglected to ask if he knew what the projected opening date was. I'll see if I can find out what the time line is.
I mostly use the outdoor range there anyway and when I go during the week, I usually have the whole 200 yd range to myself. I have to admit that it does get boring at times.

Yes, I too almost always used the outdoor range, even in winter. I remember one January day I broke in my brand new Sig P220ST on an 18 degree day, splitting about 1200 rounds of crappy old 1960s Ball surplus ammo with a friend.

However, it was nice on those day I wanted to stay warmer in the idoor range, to have that option. I thought the indoor range was relatively new, so I was surprised to see them replacing it. On weekends though, I always felt like I was "bothering" the older gentlemen who hung out in the lower clubhouse. I came out of the range one Sunday afternoon and one guy said, "Hey, you done shooting? We're trying to watch the game out here!" I generally respect my elders (I was about 28 at the time) so I held my tongue!

Plymouth Rod and Club

I am very interested in joining this club but need to get some feedback. I currently drive to and from AFS once every two weeks or so.

I would love to have some feedback on Plymouth rod and gun as I would like to join in 2009.

I also would like to add that I live only 5 minutes away from Plymouth Rod and Gun. Distance is a HUGE factor at this point.

I've been a member for about 5 years. It's a great club. There's no reason not to join if you live 5 min. away! They have a new state of the art indoor 6 lane pistol range with a Savage Snail trap. There's also a 200yd outdoor range with an additional 50 yard berm. Targets can be placed at 200, 100, 50 and 25 yards as well as 50 feet and 25Ft +-. There are trap and skeet fields as well as a sporting clays course. I prefer the outdoor range when possible and i'm usually the only one there. The club secretary can sponsor you for membership. Their web address is: www.plymouthrodandgun.org

Great, do they offer tours as Braintree does on Sundays? I would like to take a tour this week in join in the New Year. The contact number for the secretary seemed to be a home number when I called, is this right?

I don't think they offer tours. The trap and skeet fields are open on Sundays and there will be members you can talk to. That is a home number for the secretary.

Close to you too is a club in Carver, on Rt 58. Not the same club offereings as the one in Plymouth. Carver Sportsman's Club, though no indoor range. Also a little farther away from you, Monument Beach, Marshfeild, Pembroke.

Dana

Middleboro Sportsman club is a great place as well. There is not many amenities but it is a relaxed club with great people. Oh ya, the dues are $75 a year!!

It is about 4 minutes drive from where RT 44 and RT 105 interest (yes in Middleboro).

I believe the only requirement is that you belong to the NRA for Insurance reasons. Other than that fill out an application and attend a monthly meeting.

Like I said its a relaxed club that doesn't have tons of rules and regs to follow (except for obvious safety ones).

I've not been to it and I work in Middleboro. Not all clubs have websites.

Listed as on Plain St.

Plain
Middleboro, MA 02346

(508) 947-9670

Maybe there since 1992 by one search?

Map, http://www.manta.com/coms2/dnbcompany_6xhjf4

As a minimum looks like they have archery.

Also for Middleboro, South Middleboro, Wankinquoah, regarding original questions. No shotgun shooting, they release birds, outdoor and indooor range. Indoor opening this month. http://home.comcast.net/~wrgcweb/

Just up the road, Upland Sprtsman's Club, http://www.uplandsportsmansclub.com/

they are in Plympton. Have trap, ranges, a lounge, big pavilion, softball field.

Dana

PLYMOUTH ROD & GUN

HI..ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON PR&G? THINK OF JOINING BUT NOT SURE HOW IT IS..THANKS FOR ANY INFO.

HI

I'm never around on the first monday to go to the meeting to put in my app and give them my check...isnt there any other way to join without being there in person...any help appreciated..thanks

Call the club secretary, his contact info is on the club site. He's a good guy. They should be able to work something out with you. You're not the first person with this problem.

Plymouth Rod and Gun Club

Hi all, I recently joined Plymouth Rod and Gun Club. Anyone in the Plymouth area should check it out. They have a GREAT indoor range which was just recently done over, with water filtration and a nice ventilation system. Outdoor range has a nice 200 yard berm. Also has trap and skeet shoots, as well as fishing rights to a pond on the property. Here's the link to their site: http://www.plymouthrodandgun.org/

I'm never around on the first monday to go to the meeting to put in my app and give them my check...isnt there any other way to join without being there in person...any help appreciated..thanks

I second what JohJ said, if you're still interested give George a call. He's a great guy and works with you if you need help or a sponsor.

Great people at the PR&G, I'll be joining again soon especially now that I hear the new range is complete. I used to fish there as a kid with my Uncle Mario. That pond is filled with great bass and other fish to catch. Great place and nobody messes with you.

I plan on joining soon, though i won't lie, the application fee and membership fee for first time members ($150 + $125 = $275) can make one wince...

I plan on joining soon, though i won't lie, the application fee and membership fee for first time members ($150 + $125 = $275) can make one wince...

Sorry to dust off an old topic, but as it gets closer to my license coming in I've ben poking around...and now they're $250 initiation and $125 dues(a hundred up from a year ago?) and $2 more if you use the indoor range or the outdoor range...seems very expensive to me lol.

Like a lot of people though, money is tight. If I went once a week, twice some weeks and on vacation...bring the wife(unless she gets a membership too)...that adds up fast. My friend lives in Abington and goes somewhere over there and he said it was like half the price, and if you go to their gun show they waive the intiation fee. Not trying to sound like a smart@ss but what's sp great about Plymouth?

I thought I read if you join after July 1st it’s about half for the dues (someone correct me if I’m wrong. That’s the only thing stopping me joining this club. It seems like it’s a lot harder to save up $375 than it used to be. I’ve got the gun now I need a place to shoot it and from what I’ve heard from some members this is a great place.

Went down to Plymouth tonight to renew/reapply as I was a member until the end of 2010. They said I need a sponsor... Dont know any people there. When I went, I kinda just shot, did my thing and left. I only went a half a dozen times when I was a member, because of a tight schedule with my job (travelled to the South 4-5 days a week), now I work in New England so my schedule is a lot more open. Anyone know how ai can go about meeting someone to sponsor me? I really dont feel like bumming around the club to meet someone like they suggested. Not my style. Not a big deal, will check out Old Colony as well in Pembroke, as they are almost as close to me.

Wankinquoah looks good but they dont allow outdoor rifle shooting (with exception of shotguns and muzzleloaders).

Back
Top Bottom