Pmag Problem

• Thread starter Deleted member 12999
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12999

Problem: 30 round Pmag follower doesn't catch on the front lip of the bolt catch. When I release the bolt, the back end of the follower is sticking up, and the bolt will strip the follower right out of the top of the magazine if I let it go. Has anyone seen this? I'll try and grab my camera for pics. It catches on the 10 round mag that came with gun no problem.

pmags are over-rated, but you can get them in coyote tan so they're tactical and stuff.

First time I have heard (or read) of this happening. Maybe if you post some pics it will give us a better idea.

Here you go.
PreBan.jpg

hahahahahaha!!! That's IT!

I figured out the problem. follower is tilted, won't catch, and mag sucks.

PMAGs aren't overrated at all. They are like 10-12 bucks and work. They certainly aren't perfect, but I've seen a much lower failure rate among pmags vs Aluminum and even those steel mags forged from German Gods at HK. Again... certainly not perfect or immune from failure, but they tend to take much more of a beating than the aluminum and steel mags.

Mike

11 responses and nobody asked if the OP has more than one Pmag and if it happens with both of them.

So. . . Do you have more than one and does it happen with just one of them or all of them?

Thanks for righting this shipwreck of a thread. No, but we're going to test that theory tomorrow with another one, to see what's causing the follower to tilt. The spring looks fine.

PMAGs are absolutely not overrated. Jump up and down on your aluminum mags and see if they still work afterward.

Try using one that hasn't been to a war zone. Sounds like the follower is busted maybe.

PMAGs are absolutely not overrated. Jump up and down on your aluminum mags and see if they still work afterward.

Try using one that hasn't been to a war zone. Sounds like the follower is busted maybe.

EXACTLY. Up until now, we all thought this was a new p-mag fresh from the store.

Every time I go back to CT and see my big box of P-mags sitting in the basement, I get a little choked up. And mine are only Gen1s.

Back
Top Bottom