Powder Funnel Residue

I just finished loading my first batch of .223. Initially I had a little bit of a problem getting the powder (H335) to measure consistently, but manged to get that worked out.

When I finished I noticed that the inside of the powder funnel was coated with powder. Has anyone seen this before and is it normal? My concern is that the coating of powder on the inside of the funnel would effect the consistency of the charge.

I just finished loading my first batch of .223. Initially I had a little bit of a problem getting the powder (H335) to measure consistently, but manged to get that worked out.

When I finished I noticed that the inside of the powder funnel was coated with powder. Has anyone seen this before and is it normal? My concern is that the coating of powder on the inside of the funnel would effect the consistency of the charge.

What kind of press?

If you are using a plastic funnel with smokless powder, wipe the inside with a damp cloth with a couple drops of Dawn dishwashing detergent and let it air dry.
The light detergent coating will dissapate the static electricity.
You will have to repeat this every year or so.

Jack

thanks again for the great suggestions. I polished the throat of the powder funnel as far down as I could and took the rough edges off of the powder bar, then loaded up the rest my open primers. I checked my powder charge several times and it was spot on every time.

Back
Top Bottom