• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pre-Healey vs Pre-ban

shakti

NES Member
hello

I see two different "pre" show up in different conversations. One is "pre-healey" and the other is "pre-ban". are they equivalent? Or is there a difference?

Thank you!

Pre-ban = manufactured before 1994 federal assault weapons ban (grandfathered in)

Pre-Healey = manufactured before AG Healey’s 2016 “reinterpretation” of MA’s state assault weapons ban.
You're too kind...
“Pre-ban”: a term used to identify a firearm manufactured before 9/13(?)/1994
on or before the 13th, yes.
“Pre-Healey”: a self-identifier for pant-shitters that has no meaningful value.
and this, exactly. Also, for people looking to take advantage of newbs who don't know enough...

heath ledger joker GIF

hello

I see two different "pre" show up in different conversations. One is "pre-healey" and the other is "pre-ban". are they equivalent? Or is there a difference?

Thank you!
people put "pre-healey" in their for sales posts so you know which ones to both laugh react at blind and then ignore at all costs

hello

Thank you!
Pre Healey = the same as that steaming turd your neighbors dog left on the road in the winter. Ignore it. Some shops obsess about it but it is irrelevant to you.

In case you're wondering why "pre-Healey" is being ignored, it's simply because the governor has no power to unilaterally change the law - and she didn't, the law remained exactly the same. Her "edict" basically amounts to that Simpsons episode when "old man yells at cloud". Tomorrow she can declare that it's illegal to wear a green hat - won't mean a thing because it's not law. She did this to score political points and it worked, she's now governor.

I find it amusing that most of the people bagging on pre-healey are the same ones that routinely post how great living in NH is.

Pre-healey doesn't really mean anything outside it was owned before an arbitrary date the former AG decided to draw a line on after making up a bullshit interpretation and giving that directive to her DA teams on how to handle prosecution.

Some people's risk tolerance puts then on one side of that line, other people don't give a shit. Nobody has ever been charged with a Healey violation, but at the same time, people with lower risk tolerance and sheep will pay more for pre healey, and in that world it has a precieved increase in monetary value.

Some people's risk tolerance puts then on one side of that line, other people don't give a shit. Nobody has ever been charged with a Healey violation, but at the same time, people with lower risk tolerance and sheep will pay more for pre healey, and in that world it has a precieved increase in monetary value.
I can’t fathom that in 2023 anyone who has actually heard about the Healy ban doesn’t also know it’s meaningless.

I find it amusing that most of the people bagging on pre-healey are the same ones that routinely post how great living in NH is.

Pre-healey doesn't really mean anything outside it was owned before an arbitrary date the former AG decided to draw a line on after making up a bullshit interpretation and giving that directive to her DA teams on how to handle prosecution.

And those people are retards and live in retard fantasy land.

people put "pre-healey" in their for sales posts so you know which ones to both laugh react at blind and then ignore at all costs
I'd like to add, it's also ok to laugh react at people who put "ultra rare super unobtanium rare extinct impossible to get so pay my wild price" (or your local equivalent) buzzwords in their classified headlines

... at the same time, people with lower risk tolerance and sheep will pay more for pre healey, and in that world it has a precieved increase in monetary value.

I think you're right.

I also think sellers who seek to take advantage of that perception are slimebags who I don't want to do business with.

New owners.
True.
I know someone just getting into guns and people genuinely don't want to break any laws, and laws are confusing on purpose. Especially when "laws" aren't even laws so they seek other people who have been using these tools for a while in hopes they will give them an honest answer.

When he askes me questions about things, I certainly don't call him an idiot or ridicule him or tell him to move to NH, I help him out the best I can with the disclaimer of INAL and tell him what some people do, but just use best judgement.

I'm glad that the first few answers were helpful instead of the usual move to NH herp derp.

True.
I know someone just getting into guns and people genuinely don't want to break any laws, and laws are confusing on purpose. Especially when "laws" aren't even laws so they seek other people who have been using these tools for a while in hopes they will give them an honest answer.

When he askes me questions about things, I certainly don't call him an idiot or ridicule him or tell him to move to NH, I help him out the best I can with the disclaimer of INAL and tell him what some people do, but just use best judgement.

I'm glad that the first few answers were helpful instead of the usual move to NH herp derp.
Thank you @FalArAk ... as a law-abiding newbie, that is entirely the goal. I appreciate all the answers here as well the humor in many cases.. but it is nice to hear this from you.

Back
Top Bottom