• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Prep of The Day Thread

Uh-oh!
From Hawaii after the fires -
"Another Lahaina resident, Barrett Procell lost his home to the fire. He and his wife are now homeless and only wearing donated clothes. Procell wants people to know looters right now are not the enemies. They are in survival mode."
When your children and are here starving after almost burning to death and the police won’t let people drive in to give you necessities, you may turn to desperate measures. It is unfortunate people are turning to looting right now, but it’s about helping them and not villainizing them,” said Procell."
"Right now, most people do not have cash or access to accounts which may be contributing to this crime."

Last edited:
Spent all weekend clearing and putting up 250ft of hog fence. Shout out to my neighbor who cut the birch out for me last week. My youngest and his buddy worked about 20hrs with me over the weekend. Including in the dark and rain. Troopers. Still have to go back and put all the fence clips on T posts, finish adding hog panel to the 3 gates, and put up the electric fence. Pigs arrive Saturday so no rest for the weary this week.

signal-2023-09-22-22-11-17-345-4.jpg
signal-2023-09-23-15-32-12-589-2.jpg 20230924_191423.jpg
signal-2023-09-25-10-51-55-710-1.jpg
signal-2023-09-25-10-51-55-710-2.jpg

My girlfriend is staying about an hour away at her university several days a week, so I added some things to her car kit in case she is stuck there. In addition to a basic survival kit (ponchos, poncho liner, bivy sack, some lifeboat rations, several 1 liter bottles of water, metal water bottle, water filter, knife, several methods of fire starting, cordage, headlamp with extra batteries, IFAK, boo-boo kit) and a 20 degree rated sleeping bag I added an isobutane camping stove with a fuel canister and a three-day supply of freeze-dried food. This way if she is caught by a noreaster or hurricane etc. she can at least have a few days of food ready to go. I also bought a wind-up/solar powered emergency radio with phone charger function. She also has a car jumper pack that can be used as a phone charger. I know she at least won't freeze (sleeping bag + poncho liner + jacket I think she would be OK) or starve. We are going to go over how to use everything this weekend.

I also keep an E-tool, windshield scraper and basic tool kit in each car.

Spent all weekend clearing and putting up 250ft of hog fence. Shout out to my neighbor who cut the birch out for me last week. My youngest and his buddy worked about 20hrs with me over the weekend. Including in the dark and rain. Troopers. Still have to go back and put all the fence clips on T posts, finish adding hog panel to the 3 gates, and put up the electric fence. Pigs arrive Saturday so no rest for the weary this week.

View attachment 799400
View attachment 799401View attachment 799399
View attachment 799398
View attachment 799397
That is bad ass I’m totally jealous.

Back
Top Bottom